toning prelightened hair

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 01:59 pm
I had reddish brown box dye on my hair. (Garnier, medium golden mahogany brown,535). It had been bleached a light-medium golden blonde before this brown box dye application, however, it had been 1 year of keeping it that reddish-brown color and doing roots and pulling through last 10-15 min. My hair is dark brown to medium brown naturally and I have some gray, less than 50%. I also had my hair cut every 6-8 weeks during this year. My hair was cut a lot and quite short a few times so I thought most if not all the golden blonde had been cut off. Now, I bleached it (going by Sally's Beauty Supplies color 'expert's advice), using Loreal quick blue powder bleach and 20 volume peroxide 1:1, (used a shower-cap). The bleach only brought it up to a orange-gold stage. I went back to Sally's, got a light neutral blonde color with 20 volume developer and a neutral protein filler. Applied the filler and blow-dried it in and then applied color. Still too orange. Went back again, got soft pure gold blonde wella color charm and titian red blonde wella color charm. I used both boxes which was 3oz. color charm and 3oz. of 20 volume developer. I always mixed the bleach, color, and developer 1:1.This is all on Sally's color expert's advice! The color of my hair is still too orange! Plus the back, where I applied bleach first came up yellow-gold. Also, there is not enough SATURATION. The color is too orange and faded/dull looking with no shine. I am trying to get my hair color to be STRAWBERRY BLONDE. It is kinda close. It is currently probably light enough but still too orange-y and so dull looking. Please HELP!!! What do you recommend? I remember from beauty school, 30 years ago- putting on some treatment when I had a similar problem. ? can't remember what maybe cholesterol? I heard something about doing a deposit only color now. ??? What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 685 • Replies: 0
No top replies