First time dyeing my curly hair- do I wash it?

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 07:42 am
I'm going into the salon to get highlights tomorrow (hooray!) but am not sure what to do with my hair beforehand. I've heard that you shouldn't wash your hair before dyeing it, but that you should always go to the salon with your hair already styled so the stylist knows what he/she is working with. The trouble is, if I don't wash my hair it'll be full of the product I use to keep it curly, and if I do "wash" my hair (I don't use shampoo) then it won't be styled-- the curls will be way looser because there won't be anything in there to hold them together. So what do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 991 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 07:44 am
@BostonCurls,
Call the salon now and ask them.
0 Replies

vividamnesia

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:37 pm
@BostonCurls,
We tell you not to wash because we want your natural oils to be built up on your scalp for added protection from our chemicals. Just rinse and let dry if your concerned about product build up. Our chemicals eat through any products you may have in your hair only if you have a petroleum based household product or a buildup of home oil like coconut oil would there be any problem with getting a color from a Salon
0 Replies