Crazed surgeon amputates patient's penis, chops it up

Col Man

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 05:21 pm
BUCHAREST (AFP) - A Romanian surgeon who underwent a fit of madness while operating on a man's testicles proceeded to amputate his penis and cut it into three pieces.

The surgeon, Naum Ciomu, was said to be a senior member of the hospital staff and a professor of anatomy.

He had been operating on a 34-year-old man for a testicular malformation when he committed the act, hospital officials said Friday.

"We are shocked by what has happened. It is the first time we have had such a case," said Sorin Oprescu, head of the Bucharest emergency hospital where the operation took place.

Doctor Ciomu had been banned from entering an operating theatre for two months pending the results of an investigation by the medical council, Oprescu said.

Meanwhile the wife of the unfortunate patient said she was suing Dr. Ciomu.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,123 • Replies: 27
No top replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:09 pm
Re: Crazed surgeon amputates patient's penis, chops it up
Col Man wrote:
BUCHAREST (AFP) - A Romanian surgeon who underwent a fit of madness while operating on a man's testicles proceeded to amputate his penis and cut it into three pieces.

The surgeon, Naum Ciomu, was said to be a senior member of the hospital staff and a professor of anatomy.

He had been operating on a 34-year-old man for a testicular malformation when he committed the act, hospital officials said Friday.

"We are shocked by what has happened. It is the first time we have had such a case," said Sorin Oprescu, head of the Bucharest emergency hospital where the operation took place.

Doctor Ciomu had been banned from entering an operating theatre for two months pending the results of an investigation by the medical council, Oprescu said.

He only got banned from the operating room for 2 months for this? I wonder if he had been previously banned from the cafeteria... He was making hamburger out of a hot dog; don'tcha think he must've had a reason...? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 07:59 am
yes the main reason he had was he was a secret lunatic nutcase disguised as a doctor Wink
well i wont be going for any surgery in romania from now on Wink
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:18 am
They didn't mention that the patient had been dating his daughter! Shocked Rolling Eyes Embarrassed Laughing
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:56 am
What to tell to the patient? 'Ehh well we sort of cut your penis in three pieces' Shocked
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 09:02 am
But the good news is he got another job at Leeds General Infirmary.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 09:08 am
gives new meaning to the term "Infirmary"! Shocked
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 02:28 pm
Col Man -
I'm pleased to see you persevering with your chosen (allotted) task!

Plenty of weirdness to track Smile
0 Replies

alex jones

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:36 pm
hey, col man, who gave u the right to judge a country by one story? what do u know about medicine in Romania and Romanian doctors?

maybe in your case, that particular part of your body needs to be removed in order for you to think with some other. Mad Mad
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 07:28 am
Never heard of 'joking', 'sarcasm' etc. alex_jones? (I hope you are using it right now :wink: )
0 Replies

Betelgeuse

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
If he did brain surgery and his scalpel slipped, nobody would know....he just picked the wrong organ!
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:18 pm
Very Happy welcome to a2k betelgeuse Smile
a sense of homour is always appreciated here Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:53 am
and mens' brains are where??? Smile
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 03:25 am
Laughing i think you guessed where margo Laughing
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:39 am
Isn't it weird how anything with nude or penis in it gets so many posts so quickly Wink? Too bad for the guy.

Anyway, just because you post something doesn't mean that you even have an opinion on it. I posted things about Trotsky versus Stalin yonks back, but that doesn't make me some sort of apparatchik.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:20 pm
its because people are infactuated with nudity and their sexual organs...
theyve got nothing better to do obviously Wink
again i say.. oh people... people Very Happy
i dont have an opinion on most of my posts...
i only post em cos they are weird news...
whats an apparatchik?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:28 pm
Apparatchiki were members of a Communist apparat; they had to be unquestionably loyal to the Soviet Leader.

(Incidentally, it's obvious that your news doesn't reflect on you; if it did, you'd be a pretty messed up person Laughing which you're not.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:38 pm
well im glad u feel that way about me drom Very Happy
for myself i question this sometimes..
seems sanity and insanity are a fine line Wink
i used to think i was messed up but since i started seeing the state most people are in, im feeling very sane. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 03:16 pm
man, what the hell?!?

He just decided on a whim to whack up this guys weenie? What a freak show.

Although, has anyone investigated his wife? Perhaps she found out some unsettling news and had the "doctor" hired to remove the offending part. Shocked Think about it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:12 pm
Yeah, but Col, we want you to work up opinions, you don't have to hold them forever. Just to get talk going, nothing set in concrete...
0 Replies