A Jew's impression of Islam

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 07:41 am
Until I see mention of it online, or on the news, I have no impression of it. And as long as I turn the channel, or read another thread, my need to know about people's bigoted opinion of a religion they know nothing about but what they see on tv is nil.

If you don't like something, why continue to involve yourself with it? I'm none too fond of the KKK so don't visit their website, go to their rallies, etc. If you don't like Islam, don't go to Muslim countries, the local mosque, etc.

Islam didn't hate the west until the west screwed them over back in WW1 and then started dropping bombs on their heads. My experience with Muslims has only ever been positive. Some of the best theological discussions and debates come from my talks with Muslims.

Treat people with respect and they tend to do the same back to you. Treat people as inferior as they do tend to kick you in the shins. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:14 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Islam has had a "hostile takeover" attitude about Western culture, Judaism and Christianity since way before Charlie Martel stopped them in the middle of France.

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:31 am
@farmerman,
Turnabout's fair play. West has had a arab country takeover agenda for over a century.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 07:45 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
Some of the best theological discussions and debates come from my talks with Muslims.

I tried to have a theological discussion with a married Muslim woman who was a PhD candidate at a reputable college, I forget which one, but I thought she could set me straight on what Islam beliefs really were. I expected to be set straight about crap like the men getting 72 virgins thing. Nope, that was totally legit she said. I asked her what was in it for her and other women. What women really want is gold and jewelry and that is what their reward in heaven would be she said.

Either I stumbled into a complete airhead Muslim woman or that is one empty religion. I really don't know at this point.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:23 pm
Sooo... what is the question?
0 Replies