Do I qualify for Italian citizenship ?

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 04:41 pm
Hello,
I have came to Italy in 2004, But I didn't registered my residence until 2011, I mean I didn't have carta d'identità from the comune till 2011, I have born in 1991, My father became Italian citizen this year, Do I qualify for citizenship ?, As I'm 24 years old, Meaning I'm not a minor,
What is My best shot to apply to citizenship ?
Go through my father, Or try to prove I've been in Italy for more than 10 years and apply to it ?

P.S. I'm a waht they call "third-world" country citizen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,799 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 04:52 pm
@aboelsebah,
I don't know. Is there an italian consulate anywhere near where you live, to ask them, or at least read their information pages ?

Maybe it would be smart to see an immigration attorney, but even that may be fraught as I suppose they are both busy and not always legit.

an you ask whoever helped your father?
aboelsebah

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 08:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you for your reply, I thought maybe someone here have information .
0 Replies

aboelsebah

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 08:24 pm
@aboelsebah,
Any one has any idea
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 09:18 pm
@aboelsebah,
NATURALISATION

Required legal residence in Italy for:

3 years for descendents of former Italian citizens up to the second degree and for foreigners born on Italian soil;
4 years for citizens of a European Union country;
5 years for Stateless persons and refugees, as well as for adult foreigners over the age of 18 adopted by Italian citizens;
7 years for children adopted by Italian citizens before the entry into effect of Law no. 184/1983;
10 years for non-EU citizens.

No period of legal residence is required for foreigners who have been employed in the service of the Italian Republic for a period of at least 5 years, also abroad.

Citizenship applications, addressed to the President of the Republic, must be submitted to the Prefecture of the Province of residence, accompanied by the following documentation:

birth certificate containing all pertinent data or, in the case of the documented impossibility of producing that, an affidavit (duly legalized and translated) issued by the diplomatic-consular authorities of the country of origin stating all exact personal data (first name, second name, surname, date and place of birth), as well as those of the father and mother of the applicant;
certificate of history of legal residence in Italy for 3, 4, 5, 7 or 10 years as required (with affixed tax stamp); ;
certificate of family status (with affixed tax stamp);
criminal record (or certified lack thereof) from country of origin and eventual third countries of residence, duly translated and legalised;
certificate of criminal record (or certified lack thereof) in Italy (with affixed tax stamp);
certificate of charges pending in Italy (or certified lack thereof) issued by the State Prosecutor’s Office at the court authorised for the area of residence of the applicant (with affixed tax stamp);
official declaration of income for tax purposes for the preceding three years (Forms 730, Unico, etc.)
declaration renouncing the protection of the Italian diplomatic-consular authorities from the authorities of the country of origin, using the preprinted form available from the prefecture;
waiver in the sole case in which the original citizenship is not automatically lost with the voluntary acquisition of a foreign one (to be presented only upon formal request by the Ministry of the Interior);
copy of passport (with attached official translation in Italian, where the document does not contain data, in addition to the original language, also in English or French), authenticated by the diplomatic-consular mission of the State that issued it;
certificate of family status (with affixed tax stamp);
declaration authorising the competent authorities of the country of origin to release all information regarding the applicant requested by the Italian diplomatic-consular authorities in the country of origin, using the preprinted form available from the prefecture.
0 Replies