Warning - prostitutes ahead!

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 02:08 am
Warning - prostitutes ahead!

Pimps in Romania have started putting up official looking road signs to give drivers plenty of warning there are prostitutes ahead.

The idea is that potential customers will not drive past before realising they could have stopped and engaged the services of one of the girls at the roadside.

But police in Romania are not amused and say the official looking signs that show a girl in a red dress are illegal and breach road safety rules.

The signs first started appearing alongside the Olt Valley Road running through the centre of the country, and spread from there.

Lucian Tarnu head of the police in Sibiu county told the Evenimentul Zilei daily: "These signs are illegal and whoever put them up will be fined.

"They are meant to attract male drivers looking for a woman. We had to remove some a few months ago but now there's even more - and the new ones have been set in concrete."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 774 • Replies: 11
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:20 am
This is a great idea! I don't know how many times I've passed a prostitute and can't stop because I'm in the wrong lane. This will give me plenty of advanced warning.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:22 am
I'm with Nick on this one.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:18 am
BBB
I knew when I posted this that Gus would be crossing four lanes of traffic to get to the curb, but I'm surprised that NickFun would be in the neighborhood. Must be Gus' bad influence.

BBB
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:23 am
Just be sure to watch for the accompanying sign that displays a large cold sore....those are the ones you want to pass up......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:30 am
If this is in Romania, I hope there is another sign with a bat symbol on it, indicating "warning: it's the prostitutes collective time of month, vampires may be present."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:38 am
Quote:
Romanian prostitutes offer easy payment terms

A group of prostitutes in Romania are offering their hard up customers credit and installment schemes.

Sex workers in Hunedoara, western Romania, are allowing customers to pay weeks after sex, or in instalments, as many are struggling financially.

Loredana, 19, told the daily Jurnalul National: "Workers don't have much money and that's why they only pay me once a month - at pay time.

"They sometimes lie to me and forget about paying but I wait for them at the factory gates the day I know they get their salaries."

She added: "I accept being paid in instalments as well. There are other girls doing the same thing and so far it's worked out very well."
Source
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:42 am
What do the "girls" look like?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:46 am
Actually, this isn't so funny at all:

a lot of the prostitutes in Romania itself are minors - from 18+ to be sold to work in other countries.

Well, and all, nearly all are abused.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:47 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
Romanian prostitutes offer easy payment terms

A group of prostitutes in Romania are offering their hard up customers credit and installment schemes.

Sex workers in Hunedoara, western Romania, are allowing customers to pay weeks after sex, or in instalments, as many are struggling financially.

Loredana, 19, told the daily Jurnalul National: "Workers don't have much money and that's why they only pay me once a month - at pay time.

"They sometimes lie to me and forget about paying but I wait for them at the factory gates the day I know they get their salaries."

She added: "I accept being paid in instalments as well. There are other girls doing the same thing and so far it's worked out very well."
Source

Can I put it on lay away?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:52 am
Nick
Nick, you are so baaaad! Almost as bad as Gus, but that's something for you to strive for.

BBB
0 Replies

Maggie5554515

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:58 am
Now, this is obscene! On the other hand... imagine, you're driving and you see signs "Attention: railroad/train", "Attention: cows!" (may happen in Oklahoma) and then you see "Attention: hookers!"
LOL
0 Replies