Fixative for Pictures Printed by Ink Jet Printers

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 05:42 pm
Years ago, when Polaroid came out with the camera that took "instant" pictures, the film came with a sponge like tool that spread a fixitive on the print.

Is there anything comparable for pictures printed on Ink Jet printers?I have never heard of anything that would serve that purpose.

I am looking for something, (maybe a spray) that will make the picture more permanent. Anybody know of something that will do this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,883 • Replies: 4
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 06:46 pm
I remember the Polaroid Swinger.

I don't have a name off hand, but there are special photo papers you can use that are fade resistant. I've never used any, so I'm not sure how well they work.

I print a lot of pictures on magnetic paper to give as gifts. Over a period of time the pictures begin to fade. I began covering them with clear contact paper and it works really well.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 09:06 pm
Maybe Offset "Spray"?
Maybe Offset "Spray"? Actually, it is a super fine powder. It's used in huge offset book-printing plants. Maybe a perfume atomizer would work as the "sprayer"? Talk to a printer about this? -- Good wishes!!! Charli

Quote:
Features

Finely granulated to a consistency required for all normal jobs. Free flowing, non-lumping, no-sticking. Minimum amounts may be used to prevent ink offsetting. A vegetable product which meets all food and drug standards. Available in 10 lb. and 50 lb. Cartons in four grades.

Grade 20 - Fine For fine copy, half tones and light forms. 20 microns.
Grade 30 - Medium Fine Universal grade for all types of printing. 20/25 microns.
Grade 40 - Medium For cartons and heavy inks. 25 microns.
Grade 50 - Coarse High loads, corrugated and porous stocks. 35 microns.

Note: Non-Offset Spray Powder is made only from edible food grade starch. It is non-hazardous and contains no hazardous or toxic substances

http://www.generalgraphic.com/nopowder.htm
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 09:37 pm
Phoenix, I know that artists use a spray fixative on charcoal and pencil drawings. (Mom was an art teacher.) You would be able to buy it at an art supply store.
0 Replies

nearstorm

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:25 am
printing on fabric
there is a product called bubble jet set 2000 you soak fabrics in it for 5 minutes let it dry. iron it on freezer paper that is cut the same size as printer paper and print on it. way cheaper than iron on or anything else. one bottle makes 50 to 60 sheets washable
0 Replies