Semi-permanent dye

Mkh95

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 06:54 am
I am going to be dying my hair with ions brilliance semi permanent bright dye in lavender. I did a test section of hair and it didn't take very well. So I lightened my hair more and now it's about platinum blonde. I tried it yesterday, applying it straight from the tube and leaving it on for an hour, I mean it too slightly better but I feel like this morning it's almost gone.

Want to know if there are any tricks to get semi permanent dye to be brighter and to take better to hair.

I've heard you can mix it with a little developer and I have ions brights developer for permanent dye but I don't know if you actually can mix those together without ruining the dye.

Help! Lol
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 489 • Replies: 3
No top replies

vividamnesia

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 08:48 pm
@Mkh95,
Did you use a color to get the platinum blond b4 using lavender or was your hair raw and bleached? Semi/demi surface dyes like these are formulated to stick to porous open, raw bleached hair. A color or toner would have filled in the raw porous hair from a prior bleaching so the lavender would mostly wash down the drain. Developer will just water down the lavender as it contains no ammonia for the developer to work properly to oxidise. Did you apply the lavender to dry hair? h20 waters down color and acts as a filler blocking the color to take strongly. Shampoo only dry hair then apply. You may want to color oops the color out if you colored it b4 the attempt of lavender.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 08:52 pm
@vividamnesia,
vividamnesia - I've just noticed some of the terrific advice you've been giving on hair colouring questions.

thanks for being here!
0 Replies

candyo48

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 02:40 pm
@vividamnesia,
please look at my post on sunday and give me your expert wisdom!
0 Replies