Cheney's F-word quote lives on

Col Man

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:59 pm
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Your dog, your toddler, your car and your computer can now sport the same pungent phrase -- suggesting an anatomically unlikely sex act -- uttered in a moment of pique by U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney.

Within weeks of Cheney's angry suggestion to U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy to "go f*** yourself" on June 22, an online cottage industry quoting the vice president has sprung up at Cafepress.com, a Web site offering customised merchandise.

"I thought it was funny," said Sean Bonner, a Los Angeles art gallery owner who designed a range of products with the legend, "'Go **** yourself' - Vice President, Dick Cheney."

"I kind of wanted a shirt like that and the best way to do it would be to make it myself," Bonner said by telephone.

Bonner's section of the Cafepress site -- www.cafepress.com/vpquote -- offers regular T-shirts, thongs, creeper outfits for toddlers and infants, dog T-shirts, computer mouse pads, car stickers and trucker hats.

After a mention in The Washington Post on Friday, this collection went from getting few hits to being one of the top four "shops" on the site, a spokesman for Cafepress said.

It is hardly the only one that refers to Cheney's vulgarity.

Others offer such slogans as "It's long overdue: go f*** yourselves! Bush Cheney '04" and one features a photo of Cheney surrounded by the words "Dick Heads, here for America, every f***ing day."

There are also several "shops" offering straightforward political merchandise supporting Bush and Cheney, who during the 2000 presidential campaign vowed to "restore a tone of civility and decency to the debate in Washington

PS hey this clothing looks like the a2k gear!!!! check it out Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 444 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 09:01 pm
{erhaps we should have Bush/Vheney bumpers stickers that read, "Hey America! Go F*ck your selves!"
0 Replies

Maggie5554515

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 07:04 am
LOL You just cannot fight the fact that Bush and Cheney fit each other. They got so much in common - they both are unsophisticated bad politicians who won't be given another mandate.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:23 pm
Unless the Supreme Court gets involved, that is!

Bush and Cheney do fit each other, very well. (The irony of their 'civility' kills you.) I will have to buy a 'Dick Heads, here for America, every f***ing day!' one; it has to be done. Knowing the political acumen of people around here, they would try to follow the instruction 'go f*** yourself' if they saw it.

Do you know what's sad? When I was going home to see my horrid mother about 4 months ago, I noticed that someone had scrawled 'go f*** your mum.' I felt this was awful. Then, 2 months ago, I walked down the same street and the same scrawl was there, for all to see. So, I blacked out the f*** and wrote 'don't' in front of the scrawl. A week later, they took the roadsign down. Proof again that George Bush's cronies, Tony Blair and the spineless crew, need plenty of support from sexual deviants, I guess.

0 Replies