What you think of this "odd" notice in restaurant bathroom?

Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:28 am
This weekend I went to my favorite small sushi place. I went to use the restroom and I was disturbed at this odd notice in the restaurant bathroom.

There was what you would consider a normal notice on white paper laminated saying to please only flush toilet paper and then along side the notice was this picture:

http://9buz.com/content/uploads/images/November2014/Friendsforever_Poop_and_toilet_paper_roll_print_9buz.jpg

Does this seem a bit odd to you?

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:44 am
@Linkat,
I think it's funny.

Friends stick together.
Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:45 am
@chai2,
Yeah funny - but disturbing in a restaurant. I don't want poop jokes in place in which the main focus is food.

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:50 am
@chai2,
I guess I'm coming at it from the thought that if that's what it takes to remind some pig to wipe their butt and then make the effort to flush, it fine with me.

Until this one particular company moved into the building where I worked, I had no idea that it was obviously not an occassional mistake to leave all sorts of horrid things unflushed. There is a sub species of human who think it's someone elses job to flush their ****.

I get it that the picture doesn't directly say that, but anything to make these cretins aware of the load they are leaving behind is fine with me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:51 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Yeah funny - but disturbing in a restaurant. I don't want poop jokes in place in which the main focus is food.

I don't want to go into a restaurant and find someone's poop joke sitting in the commode. That would make me lose my focus on the food faster than the sign.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:53 am
@Linkat,
If it reminds one person to wipe, I'm for it.
Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:56 am
@ehBeth,
I guess I would not think people would need such a reminder.

It is up there with the sign that reminds employees to wash their hands before returning to work. Scary that you would hire a restaurant employee and need to remind them of this.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:04 am
@Linkat,
Those employee hand-washing signs are municipally-mandated here.
Below viewing threshold (view)
chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:16 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I guess I would not think people would need such a reminder.

It is up there with the sign that reminds employees to wash their hands before returning to work. Scary that you would hire a restaurant employee and need to remind them of this.

Oh God Linkat, you'd be amazed at what people have to be reminded to do.

For well over 3 years, 2 emergency room visits and at least 10 doctors visits I had to medically deal with the results of restaurant employees who didn't think this applied to them.

It was the worst pain imaginable.
Ragman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:28 am
@Linkat,
The general breakdown of decency in the public sector seems to be here. They claim it's in the name of honesty or reality...but I find it ultimate in tastelessness. Civilization as we know it seems to be going down a slippery slope.

Here's just one example of an acceptable (by whom) commonly run commercial for toilet paper:

Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:52 am
@chai2,
Anything like this -

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVUQJxGOeGzm6JEGf5MqdciiEgLTS5TYXZT0JncGV2T1Sl6iJrqUYT8Q

And then -

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrViFtHhzjlA0kq1o2532OUwE3Tbk_PaeaDk_vr5IfGGBXg3dh2JB5bg
maxdancona

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:15 pm
@Ragman,
That is funny Ragman.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Did you see the movie Crazy people? (same idea)

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 02:26 pm
@Linkat,
I enlarged the images...was that from that Seinfeld episode where the father didn't wash his hands before making the pizza?

Oh God yes, I envision it like that.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 02:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Years ago I worked for an agency that haad an office of US Dept Ag in the same bldg. They had these neat posters to be placed in 'COMMONS" areas in aag compnies that hired migrant workers (an old fashioned term for undocumented aliens).
In english and SPanish would be the admonition to
"DO NOT DRINK WATER FROM DITCHES"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 02:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Hmmmm. Looks like Pootine to me.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 03:41 pm
@chai2,
Yes ..... Poppie is a little sloppy.

I can compare almost everything I experience in my life to a Seinfeld episode.
mismi

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 03:57 pm
@Linkat,

Quote:
I can compare almost everything I experience in my life to a Seinfeld episode.

ummmm....in light of that....Linkat - I can't resist.

Are you Master of your Domain?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 03:59 pm
@mismi,
No poop for you, Mismi.