How to get rid of lightening highlights and become darker permantly

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 09:46 am
I have medium brown hair and used a loreal lightening jelly on my roots to get a blonde/light brown highlights. I used a home hair dye kit to make it dark brown but was not a permanent one and only lasted several months. However now I want to go back to darker brown permanently. Can I remove the colour somehow or can I just use a home dying kit to dye my hair a dark brown?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,097 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Tetty

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:40 am
@Megs54331,
If you lightened dark hair, there is nothing to remove. You already removed pigment from their hair. That is how bleaching/lightening/lifting works.
You need to add pigment. If you add pigment, its still not permanent. Artificial color fades revealing the lack of pigment. You can keep adding a color that matches your natural color and extend its effect with a color deposit shampoo or conditioner till it grows out enough to get cut off.

0 Replies

vividamnesia

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 03:41 am
@Megs54331,
Just get a darker dye and dye right over it. Darker will cover up the prior colored hair. Get a permanent ammonia based dye like L'Oreal. I reccommend L'Oreal because they have a pro line we use in salon and if you want a salon color in the future their product works with pro chemicals to be on the safe side.
0 Replies