Muslims : what others think.

coldjoint

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 01:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
At one point they did a lot to save it. Do some reading.

If you do some reading you will find out that is a lie. Would you like some sources?
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 01:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I dont know enough about it to discuss . . .

You should post this in every thread you visit, and then shut up.

The Muslim world preserved the wisdom of th ancients when Christianity was busily hiding or burning books by the Greeks or the Romans or the Persians because they were "pagan;s." The books were found again, however, in Muslim Andalusia (what you would call Spain, in your dull-witted manner).

"For there was nothing like it, at that epoch, in the rest of Europe. The best minds in that continent looked to Spain for everything which most clearly differentiates a human being from a tiger."

James Cleuge, Spain in the Modern Worlda, 1953

"The subjects covered by the texts included medicine, astrology, astronomy pharmacology, psychology, physiology, zoology, biology, botany, mineralogy, optics, chemistry, physics, mathematics, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, music, meteorology, geography, mechanics, hydrostatics, navigation and history."

James Burke, 1985. (Referfing to the library at Cordoba)

You never know anything about these topics, but that doesn't stop you from plunging in and shooting your mouth off.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 01:32 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Cultural supremacy isn't pretty, and yet most of us seem blind to it in ourselves.

Why don't you tell me how Islam is culturally equal with the West? Is it in womens rights? Is it with child marriage, without allowing Gay marriage. How about amputations and stoning?

Maybe you are right, we do not stand a chance against such an advanced culture.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 01:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
... right?

wrong

and back to the dome of silence you go
hawkeye10

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 02:18 pm
@Setanta,
When you have to go back about a 1000 years to say something nice about islamic culture you should understand that you have already lost the argument.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 02:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
When you have to go back about a 1000 years to say something nice about islamic culture you should understand that you have already lost the argument.

OH SNAP!!!! http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/rofl.gif
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 03:07 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
... right?

wrong

and back to the dome of silence you go

You are on the side of gungasnake and coldjoint and I am the one going back to the dome of silence?
coldjoint

Thu 16 Jul, 2015 07:34 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You are on the side of gungasnake and coldjoint

We have facts on our side too. What are your facts that America has a superiority complex. Look at the deals we have made and then say that.
0 Replies