americans abuse children in iraq jails!!!

Col Man

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 09:22 pm
As a reaction to the alleged torture of children, Norwegian authorities state they will address the US both politically and diplomatically and clearly state that it is not tolerated.

German television aired footage of American abuse of children in jails in Iraq Monday.
[/u]
«Such assaults are unacceptable,» said Odd Jostein Sæter, parliamentary secretary at the Prime Minister's Office, to the Norwegian television channel NRK. «It is against international laws and it is also unacceptable from a moral point of view. This is why we react strongly, as we already have reacted to the abuse which is documented at the prisons in Iraq.»

He said that Norwegian authorities will use its first possible opportunity to respond to the Americans actions both politically and diplomatically. He stressed that jailing and assaulting children will not be tolerated.

«We are addressing this in a very severe and direct way and present concrete demands,» Sætre said. «This is damaging the struggle for democracy and human rights in Iraq.»

Norwegian authorities are going to review the report of the alleged assaults.

The Norwegian branch of Amnesty International states that Norway can not continue its military collaboration with the US in light of the alleged torture of children.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 564 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:25 am
"Whadya mean she's 7? She told me she was 18! It's OK to abuse and torture after they turn 18!!"

Possible explanation from a soldier in Bagdad.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 02:13 pm
Do you have a source Col Man?
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 02:54 pm
yeah man i have a source

i also posted this in the international news section

there are two sources there

they are both from norwegian news sources and the germans seem to have it too as it was shown on german tv
i havent heard anything in the uk or usa news which doesnt surprise me given the horror of what could be going on

anyway go to this forum for info

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about28406.html

because there is more info there check adrians source which is a link to yet another forum and his link is under a photo there
and my link is in my post in that forum
ok Smile
what a wonderful world we live in huh........
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:55 am
Thanks Col Man. The reason I asked for a source is because I haven't heard any of this here on the Dutch news. Normally they report such things.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:14 pm
i havent heard anything either which just makes me think 'cover-up' and 'conspiracy'
but i dont know...
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 08:01 am
Confused
0 Replies