Getting rid of the coppery tone in my brown hair with old blonde highlights?!

Chobbsx

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 03:52 pm
Ok so basically my hair naturally is a medium - dark brown, I got some blonde highlights put in a couple of months ago, and after like another 2 months I got bored and just dyed over my whole hair with a brown again. It did cover the majority of the colour, but left a few darker blonde bits. Now the brown colour looks coppery under sunlight and I kind of want the remaining blonde ish bits lighter again. I'm not very experienced with dying my own hair so have no idea what to do. I want my hair nice before my holiday in august and because of this holiday money is a bit too tight to go back to the hair dresser again! Am I best off dying over my hair again and foiling out the lighter bits? Or would a toner of some sort do the trick?! Thank you & sorry this is so long!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 413 • Replies: 1
No top replies

vividamnesia

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:33 pm
@Chobbsx,
Leave the blond bits out and plaster with conditioner to protect from color. Choose a shade in a N or NA or A(natural/natural ash/ash) These shades have more warmth cutting properties to control unwanted warm tones in the hair. These shades are also known as X.1. Im guessing your about a lv6 brown. Box dye is usually a little darker at first and is typically identified as a lv5 professionally so a lv.6 color should suffice so choose a color that is marked like:6N/6A/6NA/6.1
0 Replies