Cordless Phone With A Pager

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 01:57 pm
Some years ago, I had a cordless phone with a speakerphone in the base unit. I could take the cordless phone to another part of the house. If I wanted to say something to a person who was near the base, I could talk into the phone, and the voice would come through the speakerphone. The person at the base end did not have to push any buttons, as with an intercom.

Anyhow, the phone died. We now have one with an intercom. If the person at the other end is not near enough to the base phone to press the button to hear me, I end up screaming across the house.

I have looked in a number of places for cordless phones with pagers. To date, (and I have looked extensively) I cannot find one where the person who is paged can hear the voice w/o pressing the button.

Does anyone know of any phone that has this pager feature?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,745 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:08 pm
Yeah, I had one... but don't remember the brand.

But hey, try seeing if it can be done with yours. Sometimes it's confusing.

Try paging the base, then answering the handheld cordless phone to see if it answers for the base.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:17 pm
Craven- No, that does not work. I just looked around. There IS a Panasonic that has the feature, but you can only page from the base to the other phones. I wanted one where you could page from both the phone to the base, and the base to the phone.

Here's the deal. I always take the cordless phone with me when I am on the computer, which is at one end of the house. Often, my husband wants to know, "what's the score?" (No, he is not talking about baseball Laughing ) He hearing is not 100%, so I end up getting a headache screaming.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:20 pm
Does the cordless part have "flash" (or similar) and "intercom" (or similar)?

Does it make the base ring?

From what you describe I'm pretty sure you have it, but check.

1) Can you make the base ring? From your description it seems like you can.

2) Make the base ring then press the "talk" button (or whatever answers teh phone.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:21 pm
You might consider one of the Uniden models that has their "DirectLink" feature.

You can add on up to 8 handsets on some of their models and you can call from a handset or the base directly to any other handset or the base unit and then have your conversation.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:22 pm
fishin' wrote:
You might consider one of the Uniden models that has their "DirectLink" feature.

Yeah, one I used to have was a Uniden. Didn't have "DirectLink" but did what she wanted.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:26 pm
Quote:

Yes it does, but then the person at the other end has to press a button to talk to me. I want something where my melodious voice will waft through the air! Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:35 pm
Panasonic, Seimens, Braun, GE, and a few others have 2-way/multi-handset models, too. Here at Timberland, we use the 2.4GHz Panasonic setup, with the base unit/speakerphone in the kitchen, and handsets scattered throughout the house ... generally, however, never in the same location as the person getting the phonecall Rolling Eyes

The system works pretty well, actually, and we even use it as a floor-to-floor, room-to-room, or house-to-outbuilding intercom ... as long as its remembered to bring a handset along. Theres a big brass bell hangin' outside the back door that still gets used though ... hear the bell, come to where you can shout back-and-forth with whoever's at the house Mr. Green
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:36 pm
Just checked out the Uniden "Direct Link". You may be on to something. I will look into it. Thanks, guys! Very Happy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 02:44 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

Yes it does, but then the person at the other end has to press a button to talk to me. I want something where my melodious voice will waft through the air! Laughing

The reason I have been so stubborn about you having it is because that's how they notmally work, but when clicking "talk" on the handset (after paging the base) it picks up for the base.

Anywho, if it don't work it don't work.
0 Replies