Apparently we Have To Have a Woman on the $10 Bill

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 01:25 am
Who should it be?

I go with Eleanor Roosevelt. I cant come up with anyone else who deserves it.

What say you?

roger

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 01:48 am
@hawkeye10,
I would feel demeaned if I were a woman. Ten dollar bill? Why not a fifty or a hundred? Huh?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:51 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Who should it be?

I go with Eleanor Roosevelt. I cant come up with anyone else who deserves it.

What say you?

Sojourner Truth - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sojourner_Truth

I would prefer a woman that is not so closely aligned with the Democratic Party, even though her uncle, Theodore Roosevelt, was a Republican.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:19 am
Marilyn Munroe in that subway pose?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:32 am
I could maybe get behind Shirley Chisholm. However her list of accomplishments is much shorter than ER.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:52 am
It's just a feel good diversion from the fact women are paid less than men and not enough are willing to address that fact.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:59 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It's just a feel good diversion from the fact women are paid less than men and not enough are willing to address that fact.

I dont agree, the people and values that we celebrate on our money matters. In any case it is already decided that a woman will go on the $10 in 2020. I have a huge problem with quota's, with looking for people in victims groups to take postings rather than the best person we can get no matter what their group affiliations, but I get out voted. I also hate that we now we now choose to celebrate victims rather than heros, rather than those who accomplish things, but again I get out voted.

My fear is that we are going to end up with someone like Rosa Parks, someone with almost no accomplishments.
farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 08:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Smart money is on Emelia Earhart.

As for Rosa Parks, no consensus there, but Ill bet the ballsiest thing you ever did was to mix horseradish with ketchup to put on a burger
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 08:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Smart money is on Emelia Earhart.

As for Rosa Parks, no consensus there, but Ill bet the ballsiest thing you ever did was to mix horseradish with ketchup to put on a burger

ER is winning in at least one online vote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/06/18/our-list-of-the-great-women-who-should-be-on-the-new-10-bill/

Of all the names mentioned she is the only one that does not reek of affirmative action, is the only one that clearly wins a spot on merit.
farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
BIOYA
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:13 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

BIOYA

English translation please.
Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Whats the standard fee for a prostitute and do you have a bill nomination for it ? If so, that should have a woman on it . Make it Madonna ... Wink
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 11:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
"but I get out voted. I also hate that we now we now choose to celebrate victims rather than heros, rather than those who accomplish things, but again I get out voted. "

That's the US of A for ya, giving you all that horrible demo-cracy ****.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:06 am
Ok, serious... Sacajawea .
farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:09 am
@hawkeye10,
Blow
It
Out
Your
Ass
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:12 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Ok, serious... Sacajawea .

To make up for the indignity of the complete failure of the $1 coin she was on, right?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:13 am
@farmerman,
Be very sure that we dont catch you bemoaning the low quality of A2K.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:18 am
@hawkeye10,
All your money looks the same to me...is there any representation of Indians ? You could make this the woman and Indian "minority" all in one and go back to celebrating WASP males ! Very Happy If only she wasnt black as well....
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:28 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

All your money looks the same to me...is there any representation of Indians ? You could make this the woman and Indian "minority" all in one and go back to celebrating WASP males ! Very Happy If only she wasnt black as well....

the problem with putting "native americans" (You CAD, you know better!) on the money, celebrating them, is that they are pretty much as fucked as they have ever been. We dont care about them, we never have, and we probably never will. Putting one on our money would nicely illustrate our lack of fidelity to reality, but that is not what money is supposed to do.

Oh, and it will not make up for us killing most of them, which was almost certainly the right thing to do. Sorry.

Lets keep looking, MKay?
Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 12:41 am
@hawkeye10,
Actually I prefer the term Indian because it makes Columbus look dumb (which he was) or Skraelings in honour of the Vikings who discovered America .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Apparently we Have To Have a Woman on the $10 Bill
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:07:04