Little things in life I love or you love, or like a lot

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 02:11 pm
Off hand, in the last couple of days:
it's not too hot yet,
watering the lavender a pleasure since it is doing so well
got some weeding accomplished, hard in summer with me being lazy early morning by nature
cleaning the mushrooms (yes, actually washing, per early instruction from farmerman, I remember this stuff) and scaling the kale to simmer - I put it in fishcakes, if you can believe it
the grocery store/people there*
a neighbor helping an elderly neighbor, not me this time, but he helped me once, to carry Katy Dog. I'll always love this neighbor, Steve. First of all, he's way too young for me, and secondly, he's gay so no luck there either, but he is dear to me
a pm conversation on a2k, so good, so heartening
FIFA getting fifed.

* I used the facilities at my grocery store, which I do maybe twice a year. It's a little darker in the back area and I'm skittish w my eye stuff. I exit the rest room carefully and there's the new guy - seen him before - pushing a dolly of grocery goods, and he starts to smile as I come out of the chamber and unsmiles, probably wary of smiling at women at work in these circumstances.
I'll smile at him in the store next time I see him.

Tell me more...

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 03:18 pm
I like my physical therapist. She's not just good at her job (making me feel better, and making me push past my limitations), but she's also pleasant to talk to. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 03:26 pm
@jespah,
Not a robot, eh?
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 03:32 pm
I like our new friend, Reginald the mallard.

He crash landed in our pond back in April, and we threw soggy bread on the lawn for him. Not the white gloopy stuff, but pucka wholemeal seeded stuff, as I remember the RSPB saying that white bread is like junk food for them.
Anyhoo, he must have been impressed because he brought back his lady friend (Maude) with him the following day, and for the next three weeks we were feeding both, at least once a day, usually twice.

We had a theory that she must have laid eggs and was brooding after that, as Reg now turns up on his own, stuffs himself silly as fast as he can, and immediately flies back to the same spot down by the river each time.
I hope he's doing the gentlemanly thing and feeding her, and possibly his babies with our bread. He is definitely on a mission each day.

I love that type of visitor to the garden.

Reg and Maude by the potting shed, back in early May.

http://rs1066.pbsrc.com/albums/u420/Aswas1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150426_091014-1_zpsz9josihd.jpg~320x480
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 03:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, she's lovely, even as she bends my knee in weird ways.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Little things in life I love or you love, or like a lot
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:09:17