Food legend eats his weight

Col Man

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 04:19 am
EATS 'TILL HE POPS...CORN

An American competitive eater is promoting his new movie by munching his own weight in popcorn.

Crazy Legs Conti is trying to eat his way out of a telephone box-size case filled with popcorn.

The 33-year-old donned a diving mask and snorkel inside the lobby of the Manhattan cinema that showed the premiere of the film before being lowered into the "popcorn sarcophagus".

He vowed to eat his way through the 50 cubic feet of salted, buttered popcorn in about eight hours.

Conti, who runs marathons and is built like a wrestler, is no newcomer to nibbling, having won the world oyster-eating championship.

His dream is to defeat Japan's Takeru Kobayashi in the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest on New York's Coney Island, regarded as the Super Bowl of competitive eating.

"This guy is completely genuine. He is taking every action he needs to make his dream a reality," the film's director, Chris Kenneally said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 579 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:04 am
I would have to be there when the guy takes a 200 pound crap! I would also hate the be the owner of a buffet when this guy comes throught the door.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:10 am
I can't stand it when someone engages in competitive eating. Who give s f--- how much of anything a person can eat? Aren't there better ways to spend your time and more productive things a person can do with his/her life?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:15 am
I find it really, really dangerous. Where's the attraction into doing it?

0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:20 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I find it really, really dangerous. Where's the attraction into doing it?

These people are threatening their health by overeating so much. I wouldn't eat movie theatre popcorn or hot dogs even in normal proportions!

I think people who do stuff like that have an unhealthy need for attention or could even possibly have some type of eating disorder. It seems logical to me that after they eat such massive quantities of food, they must throw up.
0 Replies