Heroes Of The Christian Right

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 07:55 pm
@glitterbag,
I argue that the age of consent should be lower, not that the law as written should not be followed till it is changed, or that there should be no age of consent.

You are either a liar or extremely ignorant. You know my opinion. You are Bitch First Class, lying is part of your schtick.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Everybody knows your opinion, you make people's skin crawl. I'm fine with you thinking I'm a bitch, I'd be insulted otherwise. But my dumb-chit forum member, Bitches don't be lying, only wussy's get wedgies when women don't buy into their bullshit. If I ever need more **** from you, I'll squeeze your head, but only after donning 50 pairs of rubber gloves.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:12 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
No, I am agnostic but it is obvious you are an atheist by the way you assume science is on your side and you are infallible . What is wrong with the moderators trying to get discussions to have more fact and less ESP driven personal attacks ?
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:46 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Everybody knows your opinion, you make people's skin crawl. I'm fine with you thinking I'm a bitch, I'd be insulted otherwise. But my dumb-chit forum member, Bitches don't be lying, only wussy's get wedgies when women don't buy into their bullshit. If I ever need more **** from you, I'll squeeze your head, but only after donning 50 pairs of rubber gloves.
A six year old with a temper tantrum could write better than that...yet I must admit, it was your finest post ever . A hard earned well done . Will you be graduating to facts on your next post or is hatred about your limit for now ?
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:50 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
From early on, I stuck I-Onanist on ignore, bvt.
How stupid and conceited do you have to be to brag about what and who you ignore ? Very Happy The funniest part is he thinks he is clever to do it and brags whilst all the time championing causes for the left wing . A bigot, a blowhard AND stupid .
"I'm so clever, I ignore people to show I believe in human rights" . Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:55 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
A six year old with a temper tantrum could write better than that...yet I must admit, it was your finest post ever . A hard earned well done . Will you be graduating to facts on your next post or is hatred about your limit for now ?

Let me know if you ever develop an intellect, then Ill get back to you. I won't hold my breath. I'll need affidavits from credible adults.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:59 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Unless I've misunderstood you, you seem to be saying that moral failings on the part of believers is the result of atheists sneaking into churches for the purpose of discrediting them.
No, I was saying in any organisation you will have those who are comitted and those who are less so and those along for the ride . The church has always suffered from people of varying degrees of faith . These clowns are doing the equivalent of blaming everyone in a city because of a vilent crime committed there . "That's city dwellers for you, somebody should nuke the lot of them!"
Quote:
I recognize the fact that morally speaking, atheists are just as varied as the rest of us.
According to the aethists who post here, the only evil in the world ios people who try to do good . Of course some fail, but what is the group trying to achieve ?

Quote:
The simple truth is that some deeply religious individuals engage in despicable conduct
Who says they are deeply religious ? Did they say that ? I say look at their conduct . 1 in 5 are mentally ill . Religion has always attracted the mentally ill and the power mad, though the second group not so lately .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 10:13 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
whats not new is that Bishops and Archbishops are not ever referred to as a Prince of the Church
Priests and Bishops are the two original ranks . Bishops were the Prince of the Church when being met by foreign dignitaries . A Cardinal was an honourary title given to someone who could advice the Papacy and could be a monk or a priest or a bishop . Later, Arch-Bishops were added for administrative reasons, and Cardinals were only chosen from Arch-Bishops . A bishop and up could select their own replacement . Later still, the entire clergy could vote for the Pope . This was limited to only Cardinals in the Medieval Ages . A Prince of the Church is USUALLY a Cardinal but the title goes with certain appointments and does not only apply to Cardinals but can apply to certain Bishoprics and arch-Bishoprics as well . It was only when Cardinals became an administrative position higher then an arch-Bishop instead of an adviser only that they were referred to as Princes of the Church .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:14 pm
@Ionus,
All that certainly depends in the time period and about what region you are speaking. (Notably in the Roman Empire, quite a few abbots, bishops, archbishops were princes of the church until 1803. {And in German, some are still called as such ("Kirchenfürst") when they behave like in these days. It has the touch of a negative attribute.])

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
(Even some abbesses were princess of the the church when their monasteries got imperial immediacy and they thus became Princes of the Holy Roman Empire.)
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 03:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walt, I wasn't aware of the Abbesses . We wont tell fancytesticle, she doesn't like facts .
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 03:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I agree heartily with the last of your statement. I agree too that we should keep our noses out of public servants sex lives, UNTIL they open the door to ridicule by their VERY PUBLIC hypocrisy in holding themselves to different standards.

Extremely well said, Bear. And right on the button
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 05:00 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Thanks Walt, I wasn't aware of the Abbesses .
They outnumbered the bishops/archbishops by dozens.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:06 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

No, I am agnostic but it is obvious you are an atheist by the way you assume science is on your side and you are infallible . What is wrong with the moderators trying to get discussions to have more fact and less ESP driven personal attacks ?

Actually I believe in God, I believe in the message of Christianity (even though I'm no example of it) I just don't believe in the mythology of it and in addition, like Ghandi ( in this respect only) I just don't have a very high opinion of people who claim to be Christians. If I dislike and attack you Ionus, then I may have a personal problem and a character flaw. If virtually EVERYONE dislikes and attacks you I would advise you do what I did after my 4th. wife left me and sit down and say "Gee, maybe it's me".
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:19 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
If virtually EVERYONE dislikes and attacks you I would advise you do what I did after my 4th. wife left me and sit down and say "Gee, maybe it's me".
All right . Gee, maybe it is you . Sorry, I don't do humble and when I first came here I was polite . Look at my first posts .

But it is your opinion that gets you in trouble here, and the more you are wrong the more they can tolerate you . But you try being right and look at the hysterics it generates . Never have a good attack on some one's opinion . Never put up an alternative with facts supporting it . People don't like change .

I also do not believe in the mythology of any religion, I believe it is geared up for the stupid masses of people . From my conversations with priests, the more intelligent you are the quicker you reach what they call a crises of faith, and if you don't hit this wall in your training as a priest, they will hassle you with contrariness until you go through the crises . Only then can they count on you with confidence . Unfortunately, there are some who are naturally good actors and they still manage to get through .

Quote:
If virtually EVERYONE dislikes and attacks you
Then I will fight back . If one person says a quiet word, they have more chance of changing my opinion then a thousand belligerent fools all yelling at once . Alternatively, at some stage, I also have to admit I may be right and they are people who cant/don't change .
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:25 am
@Ionus,
In trouble with who? You? Oh dear....
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:37 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
What are you talking about ?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:07 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
What are you talking about ?

Two posts up you say my opinion here gets me in trouble but you don't know what I'm talking about when I ask with who. Interesting.
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:20 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Ah ! My mistake . I meant for all of us, the very broad plural of you, myself especially . I didnt see that it might be taken that way .
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:29 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

... moderators trying to get discussions to have more fact and less ESP driven personal attacks ?

Which moderators , in particular?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:14:20