Heroes Of The Christian Right

Ionus

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 10:24 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
They will be living with that trauma for the rest of their lives.
That is exactly how to make it worse for anyone in a rape situation . The first step is to analyze what damage has been done, not tell them they will be traumatised for the rest of their lives .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 11:07 pm
Israel has possible cure for blue-veined throbbing problem...

http://jewtube.tv/innovation/new-israeli-cancer-vaccine-may-work-90-cancer-types/

Simian blue-veined throbbing syndrome:
http://www.hookingupandstayinghooked.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/blue-balls.jpg
Ionus

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 11:17 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
No one really thinks indulgences were sold by the deeply religious do you ? Thats a bit gullible . Religion has always suffered from Atheists joining in for money . People like you lot, including homosexuals who join the priesthood so they can get boys . Not a ounce of religion amongst them .
Put your hand up if you think indulgences were sold be deeply religious people who tried to live their lives in the manner of Jesus . We now have an indication of the number of science worshippers, below average intelligence emotional misfits and insecure atheists . So you idiots think never in the history of the planet has an atheist ever been guilty of a crime or joined a religion in order to commit a crime .
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 07:47 am
@gungasnake,
Amateur stand up night is Thursday Gunga. In addition , you have to be LITTLE bit clever.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 07:52 am
@Ionus,
Tsk tsk Ionus....so angry. I'd like to suggest that because you're a Christian, which is obvious by the way you insult and accuse, just like Jesus, that you
A: Forgive us and love us, you know , like Jesus
B: STFU.

Since you have no power, authority or significance to curse OR forgive me, I'd say go with option Wink B.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:12 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
From early on, I stuck I-Onanist on ignore, bvt.

I'm only aware it is still being a lady's front bottom now when people respond to it. Other than that, it doesn't exist, which makes the day to day a2k experience much more pleasant.

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 09:34 am
@Ionus,
Ionus, the sale of indulgences was an official policy of the Catholic church. This practice was one of the reasons Martin Luther spoke out against the church.

As a Christian, I don't mean to pile on here; but your argument fails. Unless I've misunderstood you, you seem to be saying that moral failings on the part of believers is the result of atheists sneaking into churches for the purpose of discrediting them.

I'm reminded of a former member of my congregation who admired the John Birch Society. I told him that during the mid-1960s the local chapter of the JBS once tried to ruin my sister's life by blacklisting her. They even held a press conference for that purpose. Her offense? She had launched a petition to the national headquarters of her sorority urging them to drop their racist by-laws. She had also participated in a peaceful demonstration against the "whites only" hiring practices of the largest employer in the town where she was attending college. The JBS was trying to discredit the civil rights movement by claiming it was a Communist conspiracy orchestrated by Moscow. So, they falsely accused my sister of being a Communist.

Anyway, this former member of my congregation agreed that my sister was mistreated; but he would not blame the JBS for their own actions. Instead, he said this local chapter of the JBS had been infiltrated by Communists for the purpose of discrediting the JBS! Rolling Eyes I don't mean to pile on here, but your argument regarding moral hypocrisy on the part of believers seems to be quite similar to this individual's defense of the JBS.

The simple truth is that some deeply religious individuals engage in despicable conduct while others remain true to their profession. Wasn't Torquemada devout? I didn't want to believe this as I was growing up, but in the United States the Ku Klux Klan has always had a religious orientation. The oppression of black Americans under Jim Crow was based largely on the perversion of certain scriptures.

Obviously, I'm not an atheist; but I recognize the fact that morally speaking, atheists are just as varied as the rest of us. I've greatly admired the late Christopher Hitchens for his denunciation of Henry Kissinger, who committed crimes against humanity as the Secretary of State of this country; and, of course, the late Dr. Andrei Sakharov, who was one of the leading dissidents in the former Soviet Union, was an atheist. He even publicly condemned the persecution of religious people by the government of his country. Truly a noble spirit.

Hypocrisy, along with man's inhumanity to man, is a universal constant.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:01 am
Point of order: Monsignor is a rank in the Priesthood, higher than priest and granted as a Pontifical Honor. Pope Francis has decided to suspend such honors for those under the age of 65. Thats new, whats not new is that Bishops and Archbishops are not ever referred to as a Prince of the Church, that is reserved solely for Cardinal.
Spent too many years in Catholic schools to have forgotten the hierarchy, now Im going to whip out my old rosary and pray for the people too stupid to recognize sarcasm and also unaware that some priests involved in the kiddy diddling shame, managed to rise thru the ranks and likely never lost their fondness for prepubescent boys and girls.

But back to the Duggars, whats wrong with this picture? They believe that birth control is sinful and will result in eternal damnation in the firey pits of hell, but incest and child molestation can be cured by a strong lecture and physical labor.
panzade

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 01:38 pm
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11377096_992503027434743_9161224946622993657_n.jpg?oh=8529b0e009932db38b9614ab0ca22954&oe=55E7B023
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 01:52 pm
@panzade,
Yup...you understand it correctly!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 01:56 pm
@panzade,
Bingo
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 02:00 pm
@panzade,
This is true! (Limbaugh never would have said as much.) What hypocrisy!

In the realm of politics, it's not a matter of what has been done; it's a matter of who's done it!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 02:03 pm
@panzade,
I hope the point is that we should stop cashiering public servants because we dont approve of their sex lives. Prudishness in inability to prioritize carries costs. Most people cant even run their own sex lives very well, maybe it is time we stop trying to run other peoples.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 05:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
I agree heartily with the last of your statement. I agree too that we should keep our noses out of public servants sex lives, UNTIL they open the door to ridicule by their VERY PUBLIC hypocrisy in holding themselves to different standards.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 06:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I agree heartily with the last of your statement. I agree too that we should keep our noses out of public servants sex lives, UNTIL they open the door to ridicule by their VERY PUBLIC hypocrisy in holding themselves to different standards.

In that case once we find Gods to lead us we will be fine, but not before, because humans never practice what we preach. We cant, we are too irrational. Everyone should take a chill pill re other peoples erotic appetites, , accompanied by public hypocrisy or not.
roger

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 06:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have to agree with bpb on this one.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 06:32 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I have to agree with bpb on this one.

You realize that I dont believe that the Christian Right R's should be telling me how to live my erotic life anymore than anyone else should (which is not at all). Their personal views are irrelevant to me, their making law to take away my erotic freedom on the other hand is a very big deal. But the Leftist D's do it just as much, this is not a partisan issue. It is the law that they write that matters, not what they say to the cameras, not who they **** or how (unless they be children).

Lets try to focus, MKay?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 06:52 pm
Now THAT's funny.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 07:06 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Now THAT's funny.

Fucked up abusive government that wants to control the citizens is rarely/never funny.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 07:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Smart guy, you don't need a government to tell you that you need to keep your fingers out of toddlers orifices. You and your fellow kiddy diddlers should get down on your hands and knees and thank whatever the hell it is you worship because that pesky intrusive government works hard to keep you're scabby asses protected from outraged parents who might not view amateur/hobby proctologists and gynecologists exploring their sick erotica on children under the age of consent. Oh, one more thing, it won't lessen the outrage if their children are sleeping, well at least that's what's alleged by the sexual predator.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:19:09