3
   

leaving the church of environmentalism

 
 
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 05:43 am
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/05/27/leaving-the-church-of-environmentalism/

https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/cartoon-moregwandsnow1.jpg?w=720

Quote:
In March 2009 while the Environmental Protection Agency was rushing to fulfill a presidential campaign pledge to document that carbon dioxide (CO2) and five other greenhouse gases endangered public health and the environment, a longtime employee, Alan Carlin, put out a 93-page report challenging the science being cited and the drift of the agency from its initial role to one captured by fanatical activists and alarmists, treating environmentalism more as a religion than based in science......
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 06:03 am
@gungasnake,
Oops, I thought at first that the European Christian Environmental Network was closed. Or the environmental departments in the member churches and dioceses.
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 06:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I wouldnt hold religion up as supporters of GW if I were you .
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:10 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
I wouldnt hold religion up as supporters of GW if I were you .
a) religion is mentioned in the title of this thread,
b) the Evangelical Church of Germany as well as the Catholic Church all have environmental departments
c) my religion is my personal thing,
d) I didn't mention GW at all,
but
e) why are you threatening me about that?
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Its not a threat . Religion is notorious in the USA for NOT supporting GW . I dont know why you mention religion is your personal thing, no one questioned your religion . As for religion being in the title of the thread, maybe I knew that and it is why I am talking about religion ?
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:22 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Its not a threat . Religion is notorious in the USA for NOT supporting GW .

One examplefrom the USA:
Quote:
We of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America are deeply concerned about the environment, locally and globally ...
Source

And in Germany (from 1999):
Quote:
The two large Churches in Germany reminded us at the start of their nation-wide "Week for Life" in May to be more aware of the environment. The efforts to preserve the integrity of creation "must be much stronger" said the Chairman of the catholic German Bishops' Conference, Karl Lehmann, at a ceremony in Düsseldorf. The biblical sentence, man shall subdue the Earth, means that man takes over the responsibility, emphasised the Chairman of the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD), Präses Manfred Kock.
Source


Europe it's - as written above - the European Christian Environmental Network


It will be interesting, what Pope Francis's forthcoming encyclical on the environment will say.
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Religion is notorious in the USA for NOT supporting GW .
One example ? Not quite a statistical analysis there, is it . And Germany is in Europe .
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:31 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
And Germany is in Europe .
Did I doubt that somehow? Sorry, if it looked like that!

I just wanted to mention the environmental network of 120 member churches of the Conference of European Churches (CEC) and the 25 Bishops' Conferences of the Council of European Bishops Conferences (CCEE).
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
My original statement that you queried was about the USA . Replying with European Churches means nothing .
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:34 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
One example ? Not quite a statistical analysis there, is it .
No one asked me for a statistical analysis nor did (do) I want to make one. Thus: example (Latin: exemplum, eximere)
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:36 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
My original statement that you queried was about the USA . Replying with European Churches means nothing .
You originally started with
Quote:
http://i57.tinypic.com/v3f5fp.jpg
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, might be best to avoid facts if you want to make religion out to be supporters of GW .
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:43 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Yes, might be best to avoid facts if you want to make religion out to be supporters of GW .
NB: I didn't mention that religion is a supporter of GW. Actually, I only mentioned 'GW' when quoting you or referring to your response(s).
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 07:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ok, you convinced me . All those churches in the USA, including the ones in Europe USA, are staunch supporters of GW . The topic, thats the bit that you responded to, is about GW . Did you read it before posting ? Following on in a thread gives the impression you are talking about the thread topic . If you say you are not , thats fine, but let us know next time that you do not wish to talk about the topic, or better still dont post under it and avoid all the confusion .
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 08:10 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Following on in a thread gives the impression you are talking about the thread topic .


I p/c my first response:
Quote:
http://i58.tinypic.com/106yqz5.jpg


What is the intention of a thread's headline in your opinion?
And why should I let 'you' (plural) know, if I respond to the 'topic' when I do clearly only write about the headline? (See my copied/post response above)
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 08:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No it is not clear you only write about the headline . Why would you ? You can "I thought at first" after reading the headline and topic . You could think at first lying in bed going over the days events . It is not clear you only read the topic . I am very clever, but I do not have ESP .

Quote:
What is the intention of a thread's headline in your opinion?
An attention grabber so you will read the rest of the topic . THEN post . So do you think my point was mute or do Christian Churches in the USA basically oppose GW ?
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 08:29 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
So do you think my point was mute or do Christian Churches in the USA basically oppose GW ?
I don't know what Christian Churches in the USA think or do about GW. (I've visited some, who did a good job in environmentalism.)
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 08:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The Southern Bptist Council hs published a position statement that "we should become good stewards of the environment"

Apparently there is no "Church of Environmentalism" but Churches are embracing stewardship of the environment.

Isnt that interesting?

I wunder what church of "Non environmentalism" Gunga belonga?
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 05:42 pm
@Ionus,
I thought you were an Australian. What do you know about what the majority of religious U S citizens believe in?
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 09:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
"we should become good stewards of the environment"
There are several assumptions in that post .
Assumption : GW is true
Assumption : GW is man made and thus preventable
Assumption : A good steward of the environment will do something about GW
Assumption : The Church Council speak for all members of their flock
Assumption : There are no members of that Church who disbelieve GW
0 Replies
 
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » leaving the church of environmentalism
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/08/2020 at 05:42:24