Unfairenheit 9/11, The lies of Michael Moore

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 04:56 pm
Christopher Hitchens is a big blowhard. Did anyone read of his arguments with (I think Katha Pollit) at "The Nation?" He has become a blustering figure whom I no longer respect. And a lot of what he said in this article is bullshite, which he's become quite good at. Who cares what he thinks?

This article could be torn apart sentence by sentence to show Hitchen's bias and outright lies, but I'm not gonna bother. Here are just two examples;

"Either the Saudis run U.S. policy (through family ties or overwhelming economic interest), or they do not."

Who said it's one or the other? Not Moore. He simply pointed out that there are huge amounts of Saudi money invested in the US, not that they "run" it. Hitchens is putting words in other people's mouths, and that's good enough for you, Miller?

"The American lives lost in Afghanistan have been wasted. (This I divine from the fact that this supposedly "antiwar" film is dedicated ruefully to all those killed there, as well as in Iraq.)"

Oh really? And how does he know it's "ruefully" dedicated? Obviously, he figured that word might resonate with certain people. I'm not at all convinced.

I could go on...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 06:05 pm
Quote:
He prefers leaden sarcasm to irony and, indeed, may not appreciate the distinction. In a long and paranoid (and tedious) section at the opening of the film,

Is that an apt description of Hitchins' prose or what?
0 Replies

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 06:06 pm
Indeed it is, Gus.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 06:10 pm
Hey, Suzy, do you think we should take this Miller guy out behind the A2K building and slap him around a bit?

Probably not. He's suffering enough already.
0 Replies

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 06:15 pm
Smile Funny guy!
I won't comment further on that idea...! Solely for the sake of decorum, you understand. Rest assured, my thoughts are evil Evil or Very Mad
Some people... Say, Can we take ol' Chris out there with him?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 06:22 pm
I think Miller's just low a pint of chocolate milk this week.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:30 am
i think we should all try thinking about peace and love a bit more
boys n girls
RazzRazzRazzRazzRazz
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 05:09 am
D'artagnan

Some bloke called William Shakespeare
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 09:15 am
I love this stuff, Moore creates a 90 minute show based upon fact. Don't forget he shows you actual stuff, you draw the conclusion. He then adds side bits and juxtiposes scenes to help his desires. Righties are going crazy -

Rush has 4 hours every day, uses blatant lies and never backs up with fact. He's is Bush Minister of Information.

Jesus Christ, give me a break.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 09:54 am
Fact? Which fact comes from F911? That Moore is in it? That seems to be about the only fact evident in this schmuckumentary.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 10:00 am
You wouldn't know a fact - Rush, Bush(s) and Reagan haven't told you a fact to think in 24 years - the factless society, live on the lies. What a laugh.......
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:05 pm
For all you righties that are unable to understand, Michael more gives you the pure facts - the actually picture and words of the actual event. Your mind conjures the truth and it doesn't agree with what you are told to think. You don't like this, so you say Moore has told you a lie. Now you got equilibrium in place, and you can go back to believing your lies.

Now Michael Moore adds some comments to cover transitions and introductions etc. Well, these are to add to the humor - but, not necessarily the facts; because they are in front of you already.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:36 pm
link
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:22 pm
McG
The NY posts motto; all the crap that is not fit to print can be found on our pages. Another Murdock rag.
0 Replies

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:29 pm
I saw the movie Saturday, had to sit in separate rows from my friends. I highly recommend it.
By the way, get it straight, McG and pals, the "Bush hatred" comes from the actions of Bush and his administration, not from Michael Moore, not from John Kerry. Anyone who doesn't, at the very least, distrust the guy, has a screw loose.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:36 pm
Gee, I get about 439 degrees celcius, and I used to be an accountant.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 01:05 pm
I saw the film with friends the other day. Granted, I live in Seattle (our own congressman, Jim McDermott, is in the film), and we're probably not very representative of most of the country, but the goings-on outside the theater were quite interesting. Petition gatherers, leafletters and voter registrars were in abundance. I can't recall ever seeing a scene like this before outside a film.

There's something in the air, all right...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 01:31 pm
No one can tell me that the film isn't causing jitters in the Bush camp. They must be changing underpants on the hour.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:48 pm
au's quote, "No one can tell me that the film isn't causing jitters in the Bush camp. They must be changing underpants on the hour." As Norm said, if you just sit, it straigtens itself out, but I'm not sure how they continue to live in that stench. Wink
0 Replies

NoParty

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 02:38 pm
M Moore getting a lot of opposition
Being new here, and after reading about the 59 errors, I am convinced that the article is apparently accurate. Mr. Moore had the opportunity to respond to all of the accusations, and chose to not respond at all to some of them. I'm not sure why some of you folks are so defensive of Moore when it is becoming obvious that he is not accurate. The article about he 59 errors ,at first glance, seems to be reasonably truthful.
0 Replies