SOUNDS ON TV

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 02:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
So youve given yourself a pass eh?

Not sure exactly what you mean by that. I've constantly argued that Blair as well as Bush should be put on trial in the Hague for war crimes.

As for the imperial adventures of Palmerston and others, there's not much that can be done about that, seeing as they're long dead.
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
Well, at east your honest. I dont follow folks around to see what they said on issues in the past.

OK, , maybe we oughta have a nice fair trial and a classy hanging. Ill get pizza.

"Getting a pass" is a way of saying that youve excused yourself for your amazing Middle East history ,(while condemning others)
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:14 am
Somehow this whole thing became an "addon" to my post re: Scotlland.

I think it was an attempt to make comparisons of our two nations .
I too, have always been a fierce critic about the war in Oraq. I found out early(in aremote sensing conference) that the very remote data we relied upon was either
1 A BIG LIE
or
2. EXTREME INCOMPTETENCE

3. A LITTLE BIT OF BOTH

So our the Secy of State wound up looking like a schlub hen he discovered the truth. Thats one reason why we hear nothing from Powell. He wants nothing to do with his old Pupeteers
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:24 am
@farmerman,
It's not my history, I wasn't involved, I wasn't there.

Either you accept human rights or not. Some of your countrymen are very good at criticising the British Empire with one breath and then using it to excuse America's excesses with the next.

Maybe I'm a bit touchy, and I'm sorry for going off the deep end.
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:38 am
@izzythepush,
yeh you are, but youre also conveniently being a bit doddering as if "not being there" relieves us of any responsibilities to remind our "leaders of the follies of foreign adventures"

ANYWAY, Im sure. other than the true believing GOPers and Right thinking Koch's , that much of our countrymen believe that IRAQ was stupid, dangerous, unprofitable, and agenda driven. (KINDA like the partitioning of Anatolia by UK and Frnce)

Funny but we all have messes to explain
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:45 am
@farmerman,
I was fully involved in the anti war movement before during and after the Iraq war, but I don't bear any personal responsibility for events that occurred before I was born, and nationality should not be used to stifle criticism.

Iraq was very profitable for Halliburton.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:48 am
On a separate issue we don't have problems understanding American accents, not because they're easier to understand but because about half the telly is American.

If you want to understand the Glaswegian accent go on holiday there, you'll develop an ear in no time. I'm reliably informed it's not all ****.
Ionus

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:06 am
@farmerman,
Yes, they do the bells because they find it attracts attention....door bells, phone ringing, they try it all but usually quite soft . It has even made its way into movie soundtracks .
Ionus

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:12 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Maybe I'm a bit touchy,
A bit touchy ? Shocked Laughing
Quote:
and I'm sorry for going off the deep end.
Did you ever come up out of the deep end ? Perhaps you should apologise for staying in the deep end .

You just love to have a cause and hate, dont you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:14 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I was fully involved in the anti war movement before during and after the Iraq war
Having sex with unwashed drug addicts is NOT "fully involved" .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:19 am
I'm not interested in the opinions of some braindead bigoted nonce.
Ionus

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:26 am
@izzythepush,
Hey ! I may be a nonce and a bigot but ...what was the other thing ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:29 am
@izzythepush,
I worked in Ireland several yars ago, helping to "High grade" some garnet rock for industrial sandpapers. I hired several mining geologists from Glsgow nd NOBODY, even our English mining engineers who spoke perfectly, could undertand a word these guys were saying. One scots guy would give orders to my geochemist who was a woman from Manchester

" 'ell yerll lake ther grevll in e flesh ye knoow, eh less?"

(translation: Hell-youre (all) like the gravel in the flysch you know--eh lass?" (flysch is a type of rock)

Now these guys had to testify in front of an Irish "Board Planara" (a planning judiciary(kinda like a Yura Jerga, except its totally" post Magna Carta", not Sharia )

NO- FUCKIN- BODY could understand what these guys were sying. Wed all get together each night over some suds and laugh over what we think each of these highley educated (all of em were PhD's with post docs from all over the planet0 . And they were top guys in their fields. But, alas, it was like listening to R2D2
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:32 am
@Ionus,
Weve got one of these sound enhancers for "bbetter understandings of foreign ccents --many ccents are highly sybbilant and all you catch are these protracted SSSSSssssssss' sounds . Brits (we loved Prime Suspect. There were a few characters on that show with really low class accents that needed consanant booosting to understand.

Oyyyy it was a bitch but we get through.

Glaswegians??? not so much. e just kind of lookked at each other and smiled quietly
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:36 am
@farmerman,
Glaswegians are as easily misunderstood as are NewFOUND LAND fisherfolk from Saint John
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:45 am
@farmerman,
If you don't get Glaswegian you won't get Kevin Bridges.

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 09:01 am
@izzythepush,
"Seen you on the telly talkin like a fuckin WHAAAAAAT?. I missed the punch line word.
Thats the problem e hd with our scots experts.
Wed be listening along and then BOOM theyd hve a sentence hich was sounded like KLINGON.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 09:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

"Seen you on the telly talkin like a fuckin WHAAAAAAT?.

Bender.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bender

Meaning 2
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:15 am
@izzythepush,
got it. I got most of his stuff. He was somewhat more easily understood than my guys. (None of whom had a sene of humor that I became aware of.
Now our guys from Manchester were bussy talkin up everyone at the bar about the "proper way to cook a hedgehog"
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:43 am
@farmerman,
I think you're supposed to roll it in clay. (Not had one btw)
0 Replies