0
   

Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

 
 
Reply Mon 11 May, 2015 05:42 pm
Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nHw0_Fos&feature=player_embedded

I have a hard time seeing God as --- doing unto others as he would want done to himself --- in the clip above. I cannot see God wanting someone to do what he did to the women who owned those wombs to him. He is therefore certainly not walking his talk or fallowing his own good advice.

It seems that people are more responsible than God as we are trying to get everyone on board the Golden Rule that God ignores.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,891 • Replies: 24
No top replies

 
legendaryjosh
 
  0  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:10 pm
@Greatest I am,
god does not impose on a rule that he makes. he treats people with fairness in the old testament he was strict but youd have to be to be taken seriously and this is god who is perfect holy just and righteous. read the old testament carefully you will see that god was fair. he didnt curse people he just told them of the consequences of what would happen because of their disobedence.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 10:02 am
@legendaryjosh,
legendaryjosh wrote:

god does not impose on a rule that he makes. he treats people with fairness in the old testament he was strict but youd have to be to be taken seriously and this is god who is perfect holy just and righteous. read the old testament carefully you will see that god was fair. he didnt curse people he just told them of the consequences of what would happen because of their disobedence.


What can I say to such a misguided mind?

I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

Get back to me on the fairness of torturing an innocent baby for 6 days before your God finally killing it.

I would be happy to argue against whatever argument you set forth justifying that murder.

Regards
DL

Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 01:11 pm
@legendaryjosh,
Quote:
...god who is perfect holy just and righteous. read the old testament carefully you will see that god was fair. he didnt curse people he just told them of the consequences of what would happen because of their disobedence.




"I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments
for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate
me, down to the third and fourth generation." Deuteronomy 5:9


I'm confused here, Josh.

How is the god being "fair" here to the people in the second, third, and fourth generations?

How can you say this god does not "curse people"...but merely tells them what would happen if they disobey?
0 Replies
 
JLNobody
 
  1  
Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 04:00 pm
A problem with the Golden Rule--despite the fact that empathy and compassion probably contribute to a better world--is that one shouldn't assume without investigation what a person wants, just because it is what you want, his tastes may be different (I got that from G.B. Shaw).
GorDie
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:32 pm
@Greatest I am,
God would sooner die and be dead than be a sinner. If God wanted to be a sinner, he would not have chosen Wisdom as being the Light of the Word, and his Word.

God hates sin, and it is arrogant to be a sinner. It is arrogant to be evil, not ignorant, and thus condemnation is justified.

God would sooner not exist than be himself a sinner.

In addition. God is the full entity of Reality. Sinners are like cancer cells in his body. He is Everything, and he walks his walk just fine thank you. As someone who does not believe in Him, it must be hard for you to grapple with a conclusion regarding his actions.. hmm? as for me, even as an atheist, the philosophy of Gods entity was easy as a child. He is by definition perfect and you must seek the faults of man elsewhere, such as their arrogance not being ignorance when being assholes, inconsiderate or corrupt.
Krumple
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 07:41 pm
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:

God would sooner not exist than be himself a sinner.


This doesn't make any sense and it definitely is not supported by the bible.

Isn't the definition of sin, the act of doing or acting against the will of god?

Well if you take the 10 commandments, isn't there a commandment not to kill?

Didn't god kill everything except for Noah and his family at one time?

Therefore god would be in violation of his own commandment. But believers always give god an exception on this because he is god, he can do what ever he wants and it is justifiable on that basis.

So if anything, god doesn't practice what he preaches. Inconsistent and not a good role model or example.
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:53 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

A problem with the Golden Rule--despite the fact that empathy and compassion probably contribute to a better world--is that one shouldn't assume without investigation what a person wants, just because it is what you want, his tastes may be different (I got that from G.B. Shaw).


Sure. S & M come to mind.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  2  
Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:56 am
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:

God would sooner die and be dead than be a sinner. If God wanted to be a sinner, he would not have chosen Wisdom as being the Light of the Word, and his Word.

God hates sin, and it is arrogant to be a sinner. It is arrogant to be evil, not ignorant, and thus condemnation is justified.

God would sooner not exist than be himself a sinner.

In addition. God is the full entity of Reality. Sinners are like cancer cells in his body. He is Everything, and he walks his walk just fine thank you. As someone who does not believe in Him, it must be hard for you to grapple with a conclusion regarding his actions.. hmm? as for me, even as an atheist, the philosophy of Gods entity was easy as a child. He is by definition perfect and you must seek the faults of man elsewhere, such as their arrogance not being ignorance when being assholes, inconsiderate or corrupt.


Do you see the homophobic and misogynous mainstream religions as walking their talk?

Is equality, something Christianity and Islam deny women, a good moral tenet?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  2  
Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:58 am
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:

God would sooner die and be dead than be a sinner.


That being the case, God is dead.

He is quite the sinner if scriptures are to be believed which of course is foolish as they are all myths and have little to do with reality 3except to fools.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
AugustineBrother
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:22 pm
@Greatest I am,
That is completely because you deny the Divinity of Jesus, from which it follows.

And your posts don't follow it either, by the way.
AugustineBrother
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 09:06 am
@Greatest I am,
Yet you fight against freedom of conscience the only route most people in history have ever seen to finding our way to a better world. It won't be automatic and it might not even happen but your idea of violence to others to ensure they think as you do -- that is no good.
CVeigh
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 10:26 am
@Greatest I am,
I knew it. I just answered your post about how YOU know what is best for all the women in the world and then BOOM !! you post something showing that you are using women against your real target : God. What a goddam hypocrite, excuse my language.
0 Replies
 
CVeigh
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:18 pm
@Greatest I am,
I don't get the feeling you care a speck for the baby, except to use it for your hatred. Others seem to see this in you, that your hates are far stronger than your loves
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:53 pm
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

That is completely because you deny the Divinity of Jesus, from which it follows.

And your posts don't follow it either, by the way.


If Jesus was divine, he would follow the Golden Rule. Right?

He does not with his no divorce rule.

That rule denies people the ability to end non-loving relationships as well as abusive ones and is definitely anti-love.

Right?

Further if divine and a God, Jesus cannot die and there goes the salvation you think you need.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

No woman either.

Regards
DL

0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:54 pm
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

Yet you fight against freedom of conscience the only route most people in history have ever seen to finding our way to a better world. It won't be automatic and it might not even happen but your idea of violence to others to ensure they think as you do -- that is no good.


I do not advocate violence at any time other than self defence and the defence of others who are being victimized.

That belies what you put.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:58 pm
@CVeigh,
CVeigh wrote:

I don't get the feeling you care a speck for the baby, except to use it for your hatred. Others seem to see this in you, that your hates are far stronger than your loves


You are correct in that I do not care about a mythical and imaginary baby.

What I care about is immoral fools who forgive and praise a God who would torture and kill a baby.

Such fools have sold their souls to Satan.

Get some morality and buy your soul back.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 12:22 pm
https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/12806042_10154133631244767_3161087900252019876_n.jpg?oh=c07c0fa0e1f9367d883ee771fe49c06f&oe=5837AB89
Amen. Thank you, god.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 11:19 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/12806042_10154133631244767_3161087900252019876_n.jpg?oh=c07c0fa0e1f9367d883ee771fe49c06f&oe=5837AB89
Amen. Thank you, god.


That is a Goddess, not a God.

As usual, foolish believers cannot get anything right. That is perhaps why they have grown their religions by the sword instead of good deeds.

Regards
DL
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 11:22 am
@Greatest I am,
A god is a god is a god is a god.
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?
Copyright © 2017 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/19/2017 at 05:16:26