The Thread That Runs So True

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:55 am
In heaven a spirit doth dwell . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:59 am
ah, Cav. I never got in that one.

In heaven a spirit doth dwell? Is that yours, Set, or some other poet's?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:06 am
Well, back later, folks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:14 am
My favorite thread is Memories of War Protests and Civil Rights Demonstrations. Many wonderful tales, responses.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:15 am
Israphel (sp?), right, set?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:17 am
I've been reading through, and that is a wonderful thread, Edgar. I wish that I had been around when more people gave a damn...

You meant learning by rote? I hate it; it sucks the passion from the poems, making them into useless words. I thought you meant the general memorization of poems, which is always wonderful. I always remember the first poem that I memorized...

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:18 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Israphel (sp?), right, set?

Yes, EB . . . and i ain't sure how to spell neither . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

Last time i compliment d-et-r on her hair style . . .

okbye
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:42 am
Heh! Heh! We won't worry about the spelling here, folks.

edgar, I need to check out that thread later. You've done many good threads as has everybody here.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:19 pm
Mine certainly was 'Being Lesbian in Chile'.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:29 pm
Hey, Rick. I saw that thread and read most of it, but often I find that I don't have much to add. Believe it or not, I just got through reading through your thread about the folks here, and their status. I think you got some good responses. I do wonder why many of the posters don't clue us in about some things.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:35 pm
Same thing here. At one point I just couldn't keep up. Sometimes threads just get too complicated I guess. By the way, I never thought the thread would become so big. The first ten threads I posted mostly added after 10 responses.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:35 pm
added = ended btw.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:45 pm
Rick, Try not to measure the "success" of your threads by counting the number of responses. Often the ones that I feel the best about, are those which were "true", hence the title of this one which was a book by Jesse Stuart about teaching in a backwoods community.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:49 pm
Yes; sometimes, the most meaningful thread can be one that gets about three or four responses. The number is completely immaterial; that someone has enjoyed it, is enough, and their contribution to it just an extra...

Did you like the book, Letty?

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:08 pm
drom, the book made me think about how the least of the creatures, man included, when given the right support, can perform miracles. Miracles are not what we see in fairy tales, or parables, but that with which we can identify. Tonight I did my best to offer support over the telephone. All I ended up saying was, "I love you in your own right."

We come to this forum, because we want to be heard and want to be felt, and we do it through honest, straight foreword communication.

It often seems to me, that those who appear to have the most in common, are those with whom we have nothing in common....and thus is the paradox of being.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:23 pm
Yep. One thread I started which I truly love only got one response and that response was totally off topic.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:29 pm
explain, edgar.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:31 pm
Try this link if anyone is interested in What is your greatest achievement.
Rolling Eyes http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8660&start=30
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:58 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10404

As a teen, like so many, I wanted to have a song or two recorded. No matter I couldn't write music, I wrote lyrics in the hope some knowledgeable person would help me finish them. None of my family or friends had an interest in it. In desperation, I sent a few song poems to a song poem company. For a fee they set it to music and recorded it. I knew the resulting product to be fourth rate, but the kids in the neighborhood liked it and it became popular for a time.
The thread linked to tells of these thousands of throw-away recordings as collectors' items now. Sonny Bono did a few - No telling how many other well known artists. A few became bonafide hits, such as the Royal Teens recording called SHORT SHORTS. THe novelty artist, Nervous Norvis had one such company and he did hundreds of these songs, probably earning more that way than through his professional recordings.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:03 pm
C.I. that was indeed a revelation. Do you notice how many women say,"My children"? that's because they feel that is what they are supposed to say. More horrors are committed in the name of family values, than this world will ever understand.

My greatest accomplishment in life, was simply getting to know me. The things that I did not accomplish, were the ability to withstand the pressures of being an individual in a sea of ...follow...follow..follow.

You know, C.I., You are proud of your accomplishments through all adversity. I am proud of just surviving. I occasionally look at my sheepskin, framed in a rather pathetic, unpopular type frame, and realize that it's just a piece of paper..a legacy of nothing, except to leave to my progeny...they will say.."Look! this is what my Mama, my grandmama has done." Poor substitute for what is real.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:12:24