Do you know what will happen to the Earth in the future?

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 04:15 pm
Most people think the Earth will be destroyed either by humans or God and I can understand BUT the Bible teaches that the Earth "abideth forever" Ecclesiastes 1:4
Isn't that wonderful? But what is really cool is that the Earth will not just be here forever, only good, loving and kind people will be on it, so we will not have to lock our doors or live fear of wars, etc...Psalm 37:9-11

jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 04:19 pm
@GoodNews2015,
GoodNews2015 wrote:

only good, loving and kind people will be on it,

Then where will all the christians be? Razz
dalehileman

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 04:54 pm
@GoodNews2015,
Good, if we don't wipe ourselves out by overpop or nuke, eventually of course the sun will burn out. But doubt if we'll still be around. Too many opportunities to destroy ourselves
GoodNews2015

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 05:27 pm
@jcboy,
I hear ya. I know it's hard to believe but there are some TRUE Christians out there. The ones who really understand what the word "Christian" means, i.e. "Christ-like".
I don't see Christ killing people over national borders, or condoning all types of behavior but he was kind and even when he met unbelievers he treated them with respect. The only time he got angry was when the money changers were in the temple taking advantage of the people and he didn't beg off of calling out the Pharisees. At the end of the day though he was the epitome of love and demonstrated what a true Christian should be like. I don't get it right everyday but I try. Smile
0 Replies

GoodNews2015

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 05:35 pm
@dalehileman,
Fortunately God's Kingdom will take over before those things happen which totally could if man continued to be in control. As far as the sun, well I just figure that God created it so he is powerful enough to do what needs to be done. I guess he could just "change the bulb" LOL
The Bible does say "that if those days were not cut short, no flesh would be saved" Matthew 24:22
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 05:55 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Then where will all the christians be? Razz
Laughing
Designating oneself as "christian" is not a sure ticket.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 06:13 pm
I sure hope there's inclusiveness for atheists and agnostics. They're loving and good people also.
GoodNews2015

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 06:23 pm
@Ragman,
No doubt there are many loving and good people who are atheists and agnostics. At the end of the day, no other human can read the heart of another. My anecdotal experience is that atheists and agnostics have been turned off to God and religion because of hypocrisy and misconceptions. I can totally understand how that could happen.
fresco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 12:06 am
@GoodNews2015,
Quote:
My anecdotal experience is that atheists and agnostics have been turned off to God and religion because of hypocrisy and misconceptions.

My observational evidence is that believers are turned on to multiple varieties of "God" because of social conditioning and our unique human psychological pre-occupation with control and destiny.

Thinkers, should perhaps consider your rationalization with respect to the Lisbon earthquake of 1755, All Saint's Day, when all "believers" attending the cathedral were decimated. Your key word "Earth" is directly implicated in subsequent historical crisis of Christian faith, only to be resolved perhaps by attempting to move to a more metaphysical concept of "existence" unconfined to what we call "the planet".
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 12:24 am
@fresco,
I believe it was John Wesley at that time who proclaimed "sin is the moral cause of earthquakes."

Now, of course, we realize it to be rap music.

Ahem.

That many have misapplied God's word is not the fault of God. But it does underscore the necessity of research free from the desire for reward or license. That ain't easy, 'cause we are a greedy and prideful bunch.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:47 am
@Ragman,
The bible even says so at Romans 2:14,15

Most preachers let that one slide, though. No money in it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:11 pm
@GoodNews2015,
You've got about five billion years on that fantasy (if that long) and then the sun will start to "die," and in the phase in which it expands, your descendants (if any still live) can kiss their bible thumping asses goodbye.

Of one thing we can be certain--as long as humanity survives, there will be no lack of religious loonies.
Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:36 pm
@GoodNews2015,
GoodNews2015 wrote:

Most people think the Earth will be destroyed either by humans or God and I can understand BUT the Bible teaches that the Earth "abideth forever" Ecclesiastes 1:4
Isn't that wonderful? But what is really cool is that the Earth will not just be here forever, only good, loving and kind people will be on it, so we will not have to lock our doors or live fear of wars, etc...Psalm 37:9-11

Mother Shipton knows... (c. 1488 - 1561),

In nineteen hundred and twenty six
Build houses light of straw and sticks.
For then shall mighty wars be planned
And fire and sword shall sweep the land.

When pictures seem alive with movements free
When boats like fishes swim beneath the sea,
When men like birds shall scour the sky
Then half the world, deep drenched in blood shall die.

For those who live the century through
In fear and trembling this shall do.
Flee to the mountains and the dens
To bog and forest and wild fens.

A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken
To bite away the shores and then
The mountains will begin to roar
And earthquakes split the plain to shore.

http://www.crystalinks.com/mother_shipton.html

neologist

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:45 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Interesting. . .
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You've got about five billion years on that fantasy (if that long) and then the sun will start to "die," and in the phase in which it expands, your descendants (if any still live) can kiss their bible thumping asses goodbye.
Well, if you're right, none of us will be around to say "I told you so." Unless, God is as smart as some of us think he is and figures an out.
Setanta wrote:
Of one thing we can be certain--as long as humanity survives, there will be no lack of religious loonies.
Amen, sir. Right, as usual.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:57 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Interesting. . .

Even more amazing is that she predicted movies, Uboats and airplanes back in the 1600's

When pictures seem alive with movements free
When boats like fishes swim beneath the sea,
When men like birds shall scour the sky
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 04:01 pm
@Rickoshay75,
She missed Daniel's prophecy of the end of the Gentile Times by 12 years. WWII started in 1914. Was she smart or lucky?
Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 04:04 pm
@neologist,
The second world war began in 1914? No wonder you uncritical, ignorant jokers believe all this prophecy bullshit.
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 04:10 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The second world war began in 1914? No wonder you uncritical, ignorant jokers believe all this prophecy bullshit.
Uh oh!
Not a good idea to post from a cell phone.
Will I never cease to be upstaged by your corrections?

WWI, of course. And thank you.
0 Replies

GoodNews2015

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:32 pm
@Setanta,
No need for insults. We all make mistakes, especially typographical. Smile