Severe Breakage From High/Low-Lights

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 04:26 pm
I went to a different Aveda Only Salon for partial highlight and lowlights w cut. I’ve been using Aveda High/Lowlights for 10 years. I booked with a “Master” stylist. I figured she’d just look at it and be able to match the color. She was in the middle of rinsing my hair, left for a moment and came back, started brushing something through my hair. I asked what it was and she said it was a “neutralizer.” Not only did she totally botch my highlights by not matching it with the obvious platinum blonde; She used a golden blonde and the roots she touched up came out with a red tone. I also had chemical burns on my forehead. BUT The Big Deal was that I had so much breakage that My Hair Looked and Felt So THIN that I have to cut it all off!! There is breakage on at least a fourth of my hair! So I’m Trying To Figure Out What She Did To Cause My Hair To Break Off!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 956 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 04:37 pm
@melissaA,
Go back to the salon, speak with the manager, and ask that they look into it. Ask them to evaluate the current state of your hair and skin and then report back to you the results of their investigation.
0 Replies

vividamnesia

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:37 pm
@melissaA,
Lo Lites are formulated with 10vol peroxide or less for deposit only action so its weak in chemical. Sounds like she botched her blond formula by using either a more aggressive bleaching product than your used to and/or she used a stronger developer and dragged it all the way through the hair shaft over already lightened hair from past services making it double processed with full strength bleach. I'm guessing she used full strength bleach and dragged it through the whole hair shaft. She should have used the full strength bleach on regrowth only either matching it to already lighter mid-ends or refreshing the mid-ends by applying full strength to regrowth and using a 10vol formulation through out mid-ends. She put perm neutralizer on it because she knew she messed up and in desperate attempt did this which would not help in any way. Neutralizer is formulated with highly acidic qualities. We use acid after waving because waving is an alkaline process that breaks apart hairs protein structure to be reset/formed to the perm rod. The resetting/forming of the broken protein structure to the perm rod is completed by applying neutraliser to broken bonds. This would do nothing to ammonia based services freshly done to hair.Go back complain get your money back and hopefully some free repair/restructure product! Shes a master stylist so you forked out master cost for her. She is @ master because things like what you went through are guaranteed to not happen maybe with a junior stylist who is cheaper should the possibility of this happen. Don't let her get away with this! I hate when shity stylists and or those claiming to be a chem tech have no knowledge worthy of their titles. They don't even understand the working processes of the chemicals they use that can cause some serious pain and harm to the general public. I am surprised this was at an aveda salon they usually have inside training that's good and all employees must complete because they supply all their own chemicals unique to the aveda company for all chemical services preformed.
0 Replies