how to fix issues with windows 8.1 pc wifi-limited

mandi12

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 06:17 pm
Day 6 since the problem began. I started having issues after a program installed incorrectly, uninstalled it & tried again-ending in another failure. I opened advanced SystemCare & cleaned registry, files, & used other tools-optimizing, cleaning, & fix small errors. After pc cleaned, I changed settings in my firewall (removed programs rules I no longer had). When my wifi started saying limited, I reset router, checked plugs/wires to ensure a good connection, the correct info (password & username) was being entered. Checked all other devices & they're connected. I made sure my wireless network adapter drive was enabled, working & updated. I disabled my wireless network adapter then enabled it again-command prompt. I tried every troubleshooting option given. I tried accessing restore points i had saved but the pc removed them & replaced them with restore points after I began experiencing issues. I tried doing a refresh but received a message saying I didn't have a system image on pc, & my usb media recovery wasn't working. the first thing I did after getting my laptop was create a system image backup & a usb recovery media, which leads me to the next thing I had tried. I put my usb in my laptop & tried using it for a refresh or restore, but it kept saying insert recovery media which was already inserted. I went ahead and used a restore point anyway, but it was unsuccessful & I tried 2 more times- each time being unsuccessful. I use my pc to work from home, I would appreciate it if someone could please help me fix this issue so I'm able to get back to work
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,032 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 10:40 pm
@mandi12,
We aren't really a computer technical support site. My advice is to address your problem to the folks at the http://www.majorgeeks.com/ website. You will get some good assistance there.
0 Replies

Maxbond

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 06:11 am
To solve the issues of wireless networrk with windows 8.1 pc you can follow this procedure:

1. Go to the device manager and click on network adaptor and expand it.

2. From the list you can choose your network adaptor which shows the limited connectivity.

3. Right click on your network adaptor and select update driver software.

4. A new window will open then you click on my computer for updating driver software.
Chris Mackenzy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 12:20 am
@Maxbond,
Thanks Maxbond. Really helpful. It worked for me. !!!
0 Replies