6
   

wifi...i dont get it?

 
 
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:51 pm
what is the purpose of wifi with the droid? i have a wireless connection for my home, so wondering if it is just for the internet capabilities or actual calling? and how? and why?

im so behind.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 7,169 • Replies: 18
No top replies

 
The Chief
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:57 pm
@saintlewi,
It replaces the 3G data signal. Calls still go to the tower.
0 Replies
 
droid him
 
  0  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:01 pm
@saintlewi,
So what's your questions? Are you asking why put wifi on teh droid? I know myself my wi fi is way faster than verizons network. Not only taht i can be watching a movie with teh misses and posting on droidmotorola.com. Not only that but when im taking a deuce its easier to carry the droid to the bathroom vs my notebook.
BucYouUp68
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:18 pm
@droid him,
him;974 wrote:
so what's your questions? Are you asking why put wifi on teh droid? I know myself my wi fi is way faster than verizons network. Not only taht i can be watching a movie with teh misses and posting on droidmotorola.com. Not only that but when im taking a deuce its easier to carry the droid to the bathroom vs my notebook.



lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies
 
saintlewi
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:27 pm
@droid him,
him;974 wrote:
So what's your questions? Are you asking why put wifi on teh droid? I know myself my wi fi is way faster than verizons network. Not only taht i can be watching a movie with teh misses and posting on droidmotorola.com. Not only that but when im taking a deuce its easier to carry the droid to the bathroom vs my notebook.


lol...do the letters T M I mean anything.

im just wondering what wifi on a phone does? does it enhance/replace a cell signal, IE, help it work in different places where there is limited/no cell service? is it for calls only? is it for/does it help with internet functions? im wondering when/why i would use it (meaning, i want to know when to use it when i actually get my droid so i make full use of it)...when do YOU use it, and for what?
0 Replies
 
droid him
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:31 pm
@saintlewi,
Oh...just for web browsing and surfing because my wifi is faster, as well as podcast downloading and some google voice calls. Its just a way to use data functions of the phone faster.

Verizion however has suprised me by how fast their network is compared to ATTs. I usually forget to cut the wife on and dont even realize it.
saintlewi
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:42 pm
@droid him,
cool...is that what most people turn the wifi on for? web surfing, downloading, etc? i was just curious as to if it helped call quality, or was used for calls at all.

anyone else?
The Chief
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:49 pm
@saintlewi,
It is not used for calls at all. All phone calls go to the tower. The wi-fi is simply an alternative way to surf the web and get data rather than use Verizon's signals. Many times it's faster and sometimes it's the ONLY way to surf when you're in a house or somewhere that Verizon's signal won't go. Hope this helps.

Take a deuce OMG ROFLMAO that was funny! Very Happy
saintlewi
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:04 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;985 wrote:
It is not used for calls at all. All phone calls go to the tower. The wi-fi is simply an alternative way to surf the web and get data rather than use Verizon's signals. Many times it's faster and sometimes it's the ONLY way to surf when you're in a house or somewhere that Verizon's signal won't go. Hope this helps.

Take a deuce OMG ROFLMAO that was funny! Very Happy


thanks!

...and yeah, im still laughing too. lol
droid him
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:23 pm
@saintlewi,
So i guess im the only one whos droid has been in the bathroom ????
The Chief
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:29 pm
@droid him,
No but I've been all over the world a never heard it called "a deuce" Very Happy
cmacv
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 01:18 am
@The Chief,
Nope mine made it there day 1. normally i am in and out but because i had my droid i lost track of time. my legs were like that of a newborn fawn trying to stand i was sitting so long :eek:
0 Replies
 
darebrokenheart
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:01 am
@saintlewi,
Well don't feel alone. I don't have a droid but I do take my Dare to the bathroom. It's much easier to surf the web then bringing my laptop.
The Chief
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:30 am
@darebrokenheart,
The Dare was my bathroom companion, too! Wow I'm not weird after all! LOL The Droid just makes surfing faster now.
0 Replies
 
YankeeDudeL
 
  2  
Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 11:30 pm
@droid him,
him;993 wrote:
So i guess im the only one whos droid has been in the bathroom ????


Nope, which is why I'm a month behind on my Maxim reading.
0 Replies
 
EttaBuchhen
 
  1  
Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 12:13 am
@saintlewi,
A teacher, or the prison, more and more ares are considering the legal use of cell phone jammers, it has been a necessity of our daily life, I have got one cell phone signal jammer for my family. so if you want to get one, you can go and visit it for more details. share with you!
eed5d061d397b1
 
  1  
Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:05 pm
@EttaBuchhen,
Calls still go to the tower.
0 Replies
 
white52
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 01:57 am
@saintlewi,
you can call and massage from wifi all you need is apps like whatsup for massages and viber for call
all those apps use internet for calls and massaging
roger
 
  2  
Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 02:01 am
@white52,
My phone will give me a massage? Who knew?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » wifi...i dont get it?
Copyright © 2017 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/18/2017 at 09:37:08