Pandora...Eve...the cause of all human troubles.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 02:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
I go a step further. I consider them equal. I do not think it something men should consider doing...they are equal to men. What is giving you the impression I am not of that opinion?

This sounds like a belief to me.

It is a consideration...or an opinion.

I have no idea of why people like you want to use the word "belief" on all those things...when all that does is to shrink the language...and allow for the pretense that goes with the word "belief."

But if you want to consider them "beliefs"...do so. I will correct you each time...but if you don't, you will find that any discussion between us will go more quickly and be more precise.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 04:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The point is that your opinion in woman's equality is the same as someone else's opinion in God. It is something that you accept as true and something that you base decisions on.

I don't mind if you use the word opinion.... I think it would be intellectually dishonest if you tried to then differentiate it from other people's beliefs or faith.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 04:56 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The point is that your opinion in woman's equality is the same as someone else's opinion in God.

No it isn't.

Quote:
It is something that you accept as true and something that you base decisions on.

I have opinions, Max. If you have a problem with that...tell me what your problem is. I may be able to help you.

Quote:
I don't mind if you use the word opinion....

Wow...I feel ever so much better about that.

Quote:

I think it would be intellectually dishonest if you tried to then differentiate it from other people's beliefs or faith.

Thank you for sharing that opinion, Max.

0 Replies