Best Blender Brand

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
Edit: Moderator: Moved from Food and Drink to Consumer Electronics

I am in the market for a new blender. I've only ever used Waring, but my local hardware store doesn't carry that brand. They have GE (I think) and Oster. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of Waring vs Oster vs GE?

If Waring is distinctly superior, then I can get it via the Internet; otherwise I'd go with whatever most people think is the best. It's a long time since I had a blender, and don't know what new bells and whistles are out there. (But I'd probably go for the simplest model, really.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,406 • Replies: 8
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:09 pm
I'm sorta partial to Oster, myself. The 30+ - year-old all-metal monster I have has been doin' its job since I bought it new.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:14 pm
Here are some blenders, sorted by customer ratings:

Link to "Blenders", sorted by rating
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 02:38 pm
Best Blender Brand
Thanks for the link, Phoenix; I've added Epinions to my Favorites list.

And thank you, too, timberlandko; I'll investigate Oster. Do you know the model number of your long-lasting beast? Of course they may have "improved" it out of all recognition . . .
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 02:51 pm
If I recall ... too lazy to go to the kitchen and look ... its a Model 4093-(something) ... prolly long out of production (all metal, weighs a ton, noisy as hell), but OEM parts are still available from the manufacturor; I've ordered some in the not-too-distant-past. Its a model that was quite well received and widely employed in the food and beverage industry; mine, of early '70s vintage, was a more recent duplicate of an even older one, in all likelihood mid '50s vintage, that lived and worked in a bar I once owned. The jars, collars, gasket rings, blades, accessories, and tops were fully interchangebale between the two, that I do recall.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 02:56 pm
hey timber, Haven't been off the hooch since, heh? LOL
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 02:59 pm
You betchya, c.i. ... no point avoidin' somethin I do well Mr. Green
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 03:20 pm
A2K, boozers, not losers!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:53 pm
Best blender brand
So after much thought I went green and bought a plain, old-fashioned food mill, but thanks everybody. Very Happy
0 Replies