Can I get USA sport channels via satellite in Australia? If so, HOW? Sad Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,956 • Replies: 8
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:50 pm
pshayes, Why don't you call the local tv station to find out? BTW, Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

pshayes

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:24 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
pshayes, Why don't you call the local tv station to find out? BTW, Welcome to A2K.
c.i. thanks for the tip but unfortunately the local tv and cable tv providers in Australia can only give me a modified version of ESPN which only has 2 games of the NBA a week which isn't enough. I am trying to get more coverage before the next season starts.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:27 am
Is DIRECTV or Dish available there? I dunno, but through those services you can subscribe to NBA League Pass which broadcasts a bunch of games.

You gonna be up at all hours of the night to watch?
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:30 pm
It can be done but you need to have a BIG dish....

and you need to know the right people....

and it's not really legal so....

I'll just stop.
0 Replies

pshayes

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 02:06 am
Craven de Kere - I contacted both Dish and Direct tv and they are unable to provide a overseas service. thanks anyway
0 Replies

pshayes

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 02:08 am
hey Adrian don't suppose you know any of the right people or what type of dish and equipment I need. Any direction would be greatly appriciated.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:11 pm
ESPN is broadcast, in US format, into Indonesia. As far as I know you need a big dish, (at least two or three metres), and a signal converter box from Indonesia. If you have a friend over there they can buy it and register it in Indonesia, then send you the box over. I don't actually know the full legality, or otherwise, of it but the box has to be registered at an Indonesian address so at the very least there is a lie being told.
0 Replies

pshayes

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:16 pm
Adrian wrote:
ESPN is broadcast, in US format, into Indonesia. As far as I know you need a big dish, (at least two or three metres), and a signal converter box from Indonesia. If you have a friend over there they can buy it and register it in Indonesia, then send you the box over. I don't actually know the full legality, or otherwise, of it but the box has to be registered at an Indonesian address so at the very least there is a lie being told.
Thanks for the tip on ESPN Indonesia. It gives me something to chase up.
0 Replies