Anyone have any facts about having a tumor removed

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 12:10 am
Hi,
In brief I just had endoscopic ultrasound fine needle aspiration and what is noted on the report says " bland cd117 - positive " and " cd34 - positive "
spindle cell neoplasm. So the NP is pretty hard to understand , so I'm wondering if any one on here knows if that means I have cancer. I looked up cd117 and it does mention cancer.
Also she recommended open surgery. What would that entail? What would I expect to go through from the time I am admitted to the time I leave? Also wondering how long the hospital stay would be?
thx

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 05:19 am
@mike marshell,
If the nurse practitioner is hard to understand, you need to speak with the doctor about that.

Don't consent to surgery and other invasive procedures without understanding WTF is going on, and from the people doing the surgery.

If they blow you off or tell you to get over it or are otherwise ridiculous when you ask these sorts of reasonable questions, then get a second opinion.

This is a job for your medical team, and not the Internet. But the good news is that, even if you are very sick, you are still a consumer of medical services and you can vote with your wallet (and the insurance company's wallet, for that matter) and go elsewhere for your care.

I wish you good health - and a responsive medical team, because FFS, at the barest minimum, you should be told whether you have cancer and why someone thinks you need to have a knife poked into you. If they are not adequately explaining this to you, then they are insensitive and falling down on the job.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:27 am
ALWAYS bring another person to be with you when you get report results. It's just too hard for the patient to take in by themselves.

Good luck. The DR. should have gone over your results with you. Insist on it.
Have your questions ready for him/her.
0 Replies