If the dye I used did not affect my hair is it still damaged? HELP

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 08:31 pm
So I have dirty blonde hair that I dyed red over 6 months ago but it has faded and my roots are very visible. I recently bought Pravana vivids light pink to try and tint my hair... I left it in 20 extra minutes but it left no effect on my hair whatsoever, even the light blonde hair at my hairline is exactly the same as it was.

This might sound silly, but is my hair still damaged from the dye? Do I still have to wait weeks before dying my hair again?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 681 • Replies: 1
No top replies

vividamnesia

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 04:13 pm
@moongoddess,
No the structure of the hair is untouched. This color is a deposit only color meaning it just sticks to the outside of the cuticle/hairshaft and requires no developer for a chemical process.It did not take because your hair is fairly healthy and the cuticle is closed tight. Its been a while since last chemical process and the remaining hair is virgin regrowth so the cuticle is shut/smooth leaving the deposit only color nothing to bond on to so it just wash down the drain. These colors are for using on opened/roughed up cuticles from prior chemical services. Freshly bleached hair will take these colors and have vibrancy.
0 Replies