Do you ever wonder what color and gender God and Jesus are?

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:05 am
Do you ever wonder what color and gender God and Jesus are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A32M0-KYTu0&feature=player_embedded

As a Gnostic Christian, I believe that God is within each of us, the way Jesus, taught so I see God and Jesus as my color and gender.

Is your mental picture of God and Jesus also seeing them as your color and gender?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 738 • Replies: 11
No top replies

neologist

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:59 am
@Greatest I am,
Jesus had a prehuman existence as God's first born. See Proverbs ch 8.
So they are both spirits and are referred to as male because of their generative power and the designation makes sense to us.

Jesus was born as a Hebrew, a descendant of Noah's son Shem. He probably looked like any other person of Asia Minor descent.
JohnBaner01

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 09:05 am
@Greatest I am,
Hi, yes I do wonder about this from time to time. However, I God is not a person, nor a being or an entity. Instead, he is the force that drives the creation of matter on the planet and the universe to become larger and more complex. Jesus, on the other hand, was obviously a person. He was an exceptionally innocent person evident in the fact that he was extremely righteous and the fact that his mother was also exceptionally innocent.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:44 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Jesus had a prehuman existence as God's first born. See Proverbs ch 8.
So they are both spirits and are referred to as male because of their generative power and the designation makes sense to us.

Jesus was born as a Hebrew, a descendant of Noah's son Shem. He probably looked like any other person of Asia Minor descent.

You could be right but the tribe of Judas says that Jesus was black.

I thought it might be another Christian clean up. So to speak.

There are many black Jews.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:46 pm
@JohnBaner01,
JohnBaner01 wrote:

Hi, yes I do wonder about this from time to time. However, I God is not a person, nor a being or an entity. Instead, he is the force that drives the creation of matter on the planet and the universe to become larger and more complex. Jesus, on the other hand, was obviously a person. He was an exceptionally innocent person evident in the fact that he was extremely righteous and the fact that his mother was also exceptionally innocent.

If you cannot see God in all, you will not see God at all.

I am pleased that you see God. So do I.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:56 pm
@Greatest I am,
His lineage, according to both Matthew and Luke was through Shem, from whom we get the word Semite.

I have no knowledge of the tribe of Judas. If you are referring to apocryphal works, they are excluded from the canon for a reason.

If you intended to write Judah, Jesus was a descendant of Judah; but I have heard of no evidence asserting Judah was black.
neologist

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:00 pm
@JohnBaner01,
You continue to use a personal pronoun in reference to your 'force'
It is interesting to note that the Hebrew word most often used for God translates as "He who causes to become. "
JohnBaner01

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 09:41 pm
@neologist,
I only use it cuz it's commonly used and also because it's easier.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:09 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

His lineage, according to both Matthew and Luke was through Shem, from whom we get the word Semite.

I have no knowledge of the tribe of Judas. If you are referring to apocryphal works, they are excluded from the canon for a reason.

If you intended to write Judah, Jesus was a descendant of Judah; but I have heard of no evidence asserting Judah was black.

There are two sets of genealogies in scriptures and they do not match in numbers or names. One of the many doublets in scriptures. Further, the line was always through males and if Jesus is the son of God then that breaks the male lineage.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:11 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You continue to use a personal pronoun in reference to your 'force'
It is interesting to note that the Hebrew word most often used for God translates as "He who causes to become. "

This is not surprising if you think Divine Council.

To Jews, the head of that council would speak for God as he is the one would cause all things to become.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:48 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
There are two sets of genealogies in scriptures and they do not match in numbers or names. One of the many doublets in scriptures. Further, the line was always through males and if Jesus is the son of God then that breaks the male lineage.
How so?
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 02:18 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
How so?

God is not in Abrahams line is he?

Regards
D
0 Replies