A Christian Must Divorce Their Family

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 01:08 pm
A CHRISTIAN MUST DIVORCE THEIR FAMILY
Matt 12:46-50
46 While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him.
47 Then one said to Him, "Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You."
48 But He answered and said to the one who told Him, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?"
49 And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, "Here are My mother and My brothers!
50 "For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother."
Mark 3:32-35
32 And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, "Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You."
33 But He answered them, saying, "Who is My mother, or My brothers?"
34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, "Here are My mother and My brothers!
35 "For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother."
Luke 14:25-27
25 Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them,
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
Rom 8:14-18
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, then heirs-- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:22-23
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
Gal 4:4-6
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
Eph 1:4-6
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.
Matt 19:27-30
27 Then Peter answered and said to Him, "See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?"
28 So Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Luke 14:33
33 "So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.
Heb 13:5-8
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
6 So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Luke 12:51-56
51 "Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.
52 "For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three.
53 "Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."
54 Then He also said to the multitudes, "Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, 'A shower is coming'; and so it is.
55 "And when you see the south wind blow, you say, 'There will be hot weather'; and there is.
56 "Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?
Luke 14:26-27
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
(NKJ)
XXX How do you expect to be adopted into the family of God(Christianity) if you dont first forsake your carnal family first. Forsake or devorce means to disreguard. God sacrificed His Son for you, are you willing to do the same for Him? Abraham proved his faith in God and was willing to sacrifice his son for God.

Matt 10:35-37
35 "For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law';
36 "and 'a man's enemies will be those of his own household.'
37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
Mark 12:30
30 'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
(NKJ)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,908 • Replies: 40

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 06:43 pm
Christian Family
John 12:25-28
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
26 "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
27 "Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
28 "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came from heaven, saying, "I have both glorified it and will glorify it again."
Heb 5:12-14
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Matt 19:5-8
5 "and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
6 "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
7 They said to Him, "Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?"
8 He said to them, "Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
Mark 10:7-8
7 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,
8 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Col 3:19-25
19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
20 Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
22 Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God.
23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,
24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.
25 But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.
Titus 2:1-7
1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:
2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;
3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--
4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
6 Likewise exhort the young men to be sober-minded,
7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,
Titus 2:9-11
9 Exhort bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back,
10 not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
1 Pet 3:1-8
1 Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives,
2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear.
3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward-- arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel--
4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.
5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands,
6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror.
7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;
Eph 5:22-25
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
(NKJ)
xxx Now if all in the family become Christians your all a part of Gods family. But you dont look at things carnally, you look at them spiritually. And you all stay together. As part of a Christian family. which is part of Gods family.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 09:08 am
@Squeakybro,
Brother, the amount of scripture that you have in this thread is overwhelming.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 09:20 am
@Squeakybro,
It is true that God's family stays together. The others are scattered throughout the Netherworld.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 05:25 pm
Them are the revelations of Jesus Christ. They cover everything one needs to know on any given subject. Just use the verses you can understand. And later you can add the others in.
Patches

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 06:32 pm
@Squeakybro,
Speaking for myself. I am a Christian. And I didn't even bother reading it all. It was just too much. I just wanted to let you know what I thought. Peace brother.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:00 am
@Patches,
I understand. I was there once. These are the revelations of Jesus Christ. The deepest understanding one can get from the Word of God. Now on judgment day if your sent down the tube. Are you going to tell God "it was just to much to read". I didn't feel like reading that much. Its the Word of God, the only means of salvation to the world.
Patches

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:07 am
@Squeakybro,
Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:12 am
@Squeakybro,
How do I know that someone speaking for God wrote all this? How do I know some devil or scratch himself diidnt author it?
How can you verify that its truth?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 02:39 pm
@farmerman,

John 7:17
17 "If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.
(NKJ)

Patches

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 06:35 am
@farmerman,
Christians try hard to understand the Holy Bible and speak the truth. The truth is in them.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 09:45 am
@Patches,
There is only one truth from God. And for man. The quoted Word of God.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 01:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
well all youre doing is trying to underpin one dubious quote with yet another. Prove that these are even by whom you say they are.
Your reasoning is very circular
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 01:16 pm
@Patches,
Yet Christianity is so obsessed with sins they commit. Im assuming that lying is one of the sins that Christians frequently commit?
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 01:36 pm
@farmerman,
What have we here another intellectual idiot? What have you got against circular reasoning? God says what to do, we do it, He is happy, we are blessed.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 01:37 pm
@farmerman,
We are obsessed with all sin not just our own. Because we know that the devil is behind all of them, even yours.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 03:26 pm
@Squeakybro,
Welcome back Squeaky

Is there no culpability on man's behalf?
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 05:29 pm
@Smileyrius,
All the blame goes to man. God is perfect.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
The truth of Christ is in the Christian and not the nonbeliever.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 07:08 pm
@Patches,
Well don't be deceived. The truth is in the Word.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

And Christians are commanded to be sanctified by that Word.