Getting Startup PIN

rlsj99

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 04:29 pm
After a year's inactivity I want to reactivate my Skype account, name rlsj99, on my Android smart phone. Skype informs me that it has sent me a new PIN via SMS. Refusing to pay for SMS, I have it turned off, both on the phone and with Verizon. How can I reactivate Skype without needing SMS communications?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,131 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 06:13 pm
@rlsj99,
Have you checked their website for the answer? Seems like a question that would have been frequently asked by others.
rlsj99

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 07:46 pm
@Butrflynet,
Their website (www.skype.com/en) seems not to have a HOWTO area, a QUESTION area, a chat area, a telephone number or an email address. Would much appreciate you telling me _how_ to inquire of them!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 08:45 pm
@rlsj99,
Well, let's start with the easy part. Have you communicated with Skype to ask them to resend it via another method other than SMS?

If not, that is probably the first thing to do. If they tell you SMS is the only option then that is probably also the answer for being able to use Skype on a phone without SMS.
0 Replies