the kings position

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 05:12 pm
the king is in the original position. opposing rook lined up 5 spaces directly in front of the king with the kings knight between the two of them. Its the kings side turn. Can the knight be moved out of the direct line? and if not what is that called. It's not check. Is it just not a legal move? I know this is a dumb question. I'm a beginner.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,596 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Robert Gentel
Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 05:32 pm
You mean something like this? Where it's white's move and the knight can't be moved?

That is called to "pin" the piece (the knight in this case) and specifically an "absolute pin" because the king is protected and it's illegal to move the piece. So you'd say that the knight is "absolutely pinned".
0 Replies

Related Topics

Anybody want to play me? - Discussion by mister kitten
Engineer (w) vs Cycloptichorn (b) - Discussion by engineer
Notation For Using A2K Chess Widget - Discussion by wandeljw
A2K Chess Game Test: Anyone vs. Anyone - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Play chess? - Question by Homomorph
Is chess recursive? - Discussion by TuringEquivalent
A chess video - Discussion by lmur
Chinese games? Confused... - Discussion by water
A2K Chess - Cyclo(w) v. Robert (b) - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
  1. Forums
  2. » the kings position
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/27/2024 at 11:09:39