Kittens and computers...

rufio

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:18 pm
Just got a kitten a month or so ago (actually, he's my roomate's) and when he's around my computer, he acts like he's on crack. It's a laptop, so it actually took him a while to get himself into a position in relation to it so that he could see the screen, but he's got it figured out now..... anyway, he likes to chase the mouse. Not the physical mouse, but the curser on the screen. He sits on the keyboard and bats at the screen with his claws (!!!!!) and sometimes he tries to jump at it. And then he tries to look behind the screen for the curser too.

It makes it really interesting going online.... anyone else have this experience? Lol.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,003 • Replies: 7
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:28 pm
When my cat was a kitten he used to sit on the computer mouse until I shooed him away. He also liked to bat at the cursor as it moved on the screen. However, now that he's grown, he finds it all quite boring.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:33 pm
My cat will still, on a rare occasion, chase something on the screen. He's 10.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:44 pm
Lol! Mine went nutso when Craven put the url for where that damn rabbit grabs your cursor!

They watch television, but the computer screen is generally too slow and dull for them.

They know there aren't any animals and such behind the TV cos they checked, so they just watch excitedly when lions and such are hunting on the screen - or when a football or some other moving target is shown for a long time (read never when I have control of the remote!)

They used to sit on top of the TV and bat with their paws, but I discouraged this - it was too distracting.

My little one used to sit on top of my old monitor, cos it had a special little cat sized fan heater in it. It was lovely, apart from the fur in the monitor - because she used to sit and smile and purr at me - and sometimes chat.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:48 pm
One of my cats, now gone to A Better Place, used to adore watching tennis on the television. Sound AND motion! He'd sit there for ages, listening to the ping of ball on racket, with head moving from left to right following the action. Laughing
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:55 pm
Our kittie likes to watch TV sometimes too, but he can't get close enough to bat at it like he does the computer. For some reason though, it never transfixes him for as long.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:35 pm
All three of mine have taken a swat at my cursor a few times. I'd be careful about your laptop, if the kitty happens to snag a claw in the screen (laptop screens are plastic not glass and can be punctured!) you will have to cough up a lot of dough to get it replaced; in most cases it is just cheaper to buy a whole new laptop.

Just the other day I was watching a documentary on cats and my Nugget sat in front of the TV through the whole thing, she was enthralled!
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:35 pm
All three of mine have taken a swat at my cursor a few times. I'd be careful about your laptop, if the kitty happens to snag a claw in the screen (laptop screens are plastic not glass and can be punctured!) you will have to cough up a lot of dough to get it replaced; in most cases it is just cheaper to buy a whole new laptop.

Just the other day I was watching a documentary on cats and my Nugget sat in front of the TV through the whole thing, she was enthralled!
0 Replies