How to deal with plagiarism?

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 06:02 am
What you should do if you found out that one of your group mates, did the plagiarism in your group project? But if you insist to re done his part which was plagiarized, he will says our prof will not discover and if it does he will take the full blame on him. Should I do nothing now? or I will rephrase his work? or report him to our prof? or let my other members to done his part? Because my groupmate is always busy because of his part time job.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,077 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 07:55 am
@cyberman101,
These days, most professors use a form of plagiarism checking software. Just Google; I'm sure you'll find some.

Your pal will be caught. Tell him he's got 24 hours to either change his work or confess to your professor, or the rest of the group will go to the professor.

Then do it.

He can likely be kicked out of school for this. Don't let him take you with him.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 08:23 am
This all about what you knew and when. Why would you consider taking a risk in another persons ethical gamble? In essence he stole and then lied and you become part of it with your silence. You need to get your "friend" to come clean or expose itbefore you get your honest work downgraded by association. He's drawing on your credibility, do you have enough to spare?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:35 pm
Call an emergency meeting of the "group" and inform them of your discovery. ALL of you are in danger of being discovered, therefore ALL of you are at risk.

(PS If this is fodder for an Ethics class assignment, I'll have to kick your butt)
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 08:18 pm
@cyberman101,
I teach English and I can spot plagiarism a mile away. Tell him to change it or cite his source(s). It's his responsibility to do his part of the project well. Otherwise, the whole group may end up getting punished for it.
0 Replies