FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 05:24 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If I were Australia, I'd revise my policies and no longer notify Indonesia of crime/criminals.

This is what Australian Government have apparently stated that they wish to change in the law books now.

I silently heard they are doing other things but won't hold onto it forever, I need to read more in that regard because that's a cop out if all they are doing is trying to pacify the Australians.

(Flood prevention, I must wait 25 minutes before reposting ) ha.

Read up on what Abbott did, sorry I don't have time to locate that at present.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 11:48 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11203084_10205305490090964_4318901131408435431_n.jpg?oh=9ef852314ba396503f9ed1ea25b4eb18&oe=55D46A77&__gda__=1440451250_ff4a4aa9182563f4d86cf5e4ea7add30
Ionus

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 11:57 pm
Druggies Deaths - approx 1500 per annum

Drug Smugglers Deaths - 2 per decade
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 12:12 am
I am against the death penalty in almost all cases but I dont feel any sympathy for people who make the conscious decision to go to a foreign country and take part in the heroin business when they are easily able to know what the penalty is. So long as a sound court proved that these people did the crime I dont care what happens to them.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 12:14 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11203084_10205305490090964_4318901131408435431_n.jpg?oh=9ef852314ba396503f9ed1ea25b4eb18&oe=55D46A77&__gda__=1440451250_ff4a4aa9182563f4d86cf5e4ea7add30

I'm quoting this because it is worth repeating.

Too many people seem to be confusing the two.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:25 am
An Indonesian prison guard working on the same island where Bali Nine duo were execution has been arrested for trafficking ice.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/05/16/1227357/263062-8d33470e-fb76-11e4-8bbc-a4e8f2601378.jpg

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/world/an-indonesian-prison-guard-working-on-the-same-island-where-bali-nine-duo-were-execution-has-been-arrested-for-trafficking-ice/story-fnjbobed-1227357263172
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:21 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
The prison guard faces a sentence of between 12 and 20 years for the trafficking, police said.

Quote:
Convicted Australian drug smugglers Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran were executed by firing squad on April 19 after spending 10 years on death row.

Thanks Ionus. Interesting don't you think? Why do you think that is, because he's one of theirs?

Ridiculous !~
cherrie

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:35 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
It could also be because of the huge difference in the quantities. The prison guard had 365g of ice, the others had 8.3kg of heroin.

Even so, you would think that if anyone was going to learn from other peoples mistakes it would be guards on execution island. What an idiot.
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:01 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Under Article 59 of Law No. 5 of 1997 on psychotropic drugs, the use, production, possession or trafficking of psychotropic drugs “as an organized crime” is punishable by death . Selling addictive prescription drugs such as morphine or methadone can see dealers facing up to 12 years in prison, and the death penalty if the amount exceeds 5g .
Data on sentencing and executions from 1998-2009 shows that narcotics and psychotropic drugs offenses accounted for most death sentences and executions during that period .

http://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=Indonesia
Ionus

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:06 pm
@cherrie,
The Judiciary have the option in all criminal cases to NOT award the death penalty . Indonesia has rarely used the death penalty option on their own citizens, I suspect because they would dob in their boss, and who knows where that would lead . They have argued strongly for leniency when their own citizens face the death penalty in other countries . Again, I think it is because of the corrupt officials in Indonesia worried about the domino effect if the person facing death has nothing to lose and their life to gain .
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 01:36 am
@cherrie,
Late night, early morning, didn't read the amounts thanks, it does make a huge difference.

Strangely I am accepting what happened. As I always stated there was something about Andrew Chan that didn't go down with me on rehabilitation being "real". Still I don't like the Death Penalty and I "get" the time frame of continually trying to live but the law should not allow 10 years to go by. False hope in my opinion "if" people change and a lot do.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 01:39 am
@Ionus,
Thanks Ionus.

Emotions can sometimes play a big part in how people think, yet, as you put it, pushing to make a fortune and hope to get away with it, verses selling a more minor production as a dealer are two different things.

However, Ice? I would think that is something that is highly dangerous to the children of this World as in (young adults) kids are dying all over the world.

Not sure where I would honestly fit that if I was to look at the legality .

Thanks for the link will have a look.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 01:40 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
The Judiciary have the option in all criminal cases to NOT award the death penalty . Indonesia has rarely used the death penalty option on their own citizens, I suspect because they would dob in their boss, and who knows where that would lead . They have argued strongly for leniency when their own citizens face the death penalty in other countries . Again, I think it is because of the corrupt officials in Indonesia worried about the domino effect if the person facing death has nothing to lose and their life to gain .

THIS is what made me start this thread. .................................................Corruption is lies, lies is one of those you know we all have a couple of things we don't accept? Is one of mine.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 03:31 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I couldn't agree more . On the news tonight was an ex US Ranger who spent 3 months for possession of a weed in Kerobokan prison . He knew the Bali 9 and took film of the widespread use of a wide variety of drugs, mainly ice . The guards sell it . He said the Bali 9 pair had nothing to do with any drugs on the inside . I don't think that changes much, but perhaps it was a sign of reform . It just grates that there are double standards .
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 04:41 pm
@Ionus,
I actually heard that. Which is "double standards". That the guards sell the inmates drugs, hypocritical for that Country to the hilt.

I remember when I was in Bali some years back. This guy was walking the street going " hashish, marijuana" repeating himself and looking directly at me for frig sake, then I was around 38 haha, why would I be that stupid even if I smoked the stuff.

Quote:
It just grates that there are double standards .

Quote:
Kuta, Kuta, Kuta (and Legian)

Kuta is a special place in many ways, always has been. It is simply the epicentre of drugs and prostitution (Although when it comes to the fancy and more expensive drugs, Seminyak is picking up fast. Hundreds of thousands of Australians come to Bali every year with one aim in mind: to party hard. Real hard. The clubs, bars, the Bali girls, the drug market and even the security guards in this area are controlled by gangs who know how to intimmidate and use violence if necessary. They are not to fool around with.
So, although it is very tempting on Bali to NOT behave like one would behave at home, it is advisable to keep some common sense running.
Prostitution
Travelers should keep in mind that prostitution is a big business in Bali, and that what may seem like innocent fun can sometimes turn into hassling or a demand for cash. Luckily, things are quite direct, so cautious visitors will easily be able to tell what they are getting themselves into in any situation. Note "Prostitution is illegal in Bali", however, like in many countries, everyone turns a blind eye, and prostitution is not necessarily a tourism related phenomena. Indonesian men who can afford it like to go to massage places regularly, asking for a massage with what they call: "Happy End". People don't get killed here in the red light district, Bali is not Mexico City, but some tourists wake up without their wallet or watches after their adventures, or with a transmitted disease that is difficult to get rid off and more difficult to explain once they are home.

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/magic-mushroom-bali.jpg

[quote]Magic Musrooms:

Magic Mushrooms ARE NOT ILLEGAL and you can buy a a magic mushroom shake for US$10 like you would order a soft-drink. But the effects of this natural drug can be severe. No mushroom is like the other and some people react strongly getting strong hallucinations. The biggest problem is, that you will simply lose control over your actions and that can be a dangerous thing on Bali. Many party hungry youngsters lost their money, passports, credit cards, sanity, health and even their life on Bali, because of drug abuse. Horrible scooter accidents happen regularly, many youngsters drowned after taking some "mushies" before taking a little dip in the ocean in the night. The currents can be fierce and unpredictable. "Tourist drowned..." is a rather common headline in the local press.

[/quote]

[quote]Clean and dirty drugs

The numerous drug pills that come in fancy colors are, as most people know, very dangerous, causing a lot of damage to the body and mental system. Here on Bali, like in many other places in the world where people have an average daily income of 5 US$, one can never really know what's in the pill – it could be sugar, it could be some strange chemical. Although some party animals are ready to take that risk, drug consumption in Indonesia can really get you into trouble. Even though it seems that in some areas, clubs and environments, people are pretty relaxed about it, this can turn out sour in a split second. In Indonesia drug trafficking can come with the death penalty. - and it does like the case of the Bali 9 has shown clearly.

[/quote]

The whole thing is hypocritical! They want the kids to travel there, it's the party place, you can have magic mushrooms, they are not illegal and you will get the opportunity to obtain other drugs but don't do it, you'll end up in jail. Prostitution is illegal but hell there are so many there inviting you in. It's just ridiculous! Smile

PS stuffed the quoting you get that !
glitterbag

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 09:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm ashamed to admit I wasn't aware of the actual execution, I remember vaguely about their arrests. It should be a horrific experience for the executor to carry out an execution. Laughter, selfies and mocking the condemned, is inhuman, and stomach turning. I understand why the Australians are incensed and I wish they could have served the 10 years then retuned to Australia.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:49 am
@glitterbag,
Hey Glitter.

I too wish that they had simply returned them to Australia. I also watched the selfies, laughter and mocking. Having read further the last few days about Indonesia my mind is still made up that they are hypocritical, assholes.

Imagine.. NO drugs but come here and you can have magic mushrooms (then we'll rob you ) Smile No being serious that is just ridiculous.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bali 9
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/31/2024 at 06:05:27