Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:09 pm
@maxdancona,

Quote:
Oh, the Protestants hate the Catholics,
And the Catholics hate the Protestants,
And the Hindus hate the Muslims,
And everybody hates the Jews.

But during National Brotherhood Week, National Brotherhood Week,
It's National Everyone-smile-at-one-another-hood Week.
Be nice to people who
Are inferior to you.
It's only for a week, so have no fear.
Be grateful that it doesn't last all year!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:13 pm
Anti-Catholicism is passé.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:52 pm
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-tackles-gay-rights-in-kansas-and-alabama-theres-no-place-like-homophobia/
Stewart Tackles Gay Rights in Kansas and Alabama: ‘There’s No Place Like Homophobia’
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Talk to any Baptists lately?

I've never been able to convince my former hair stylist that Catholics are Christians.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:04 pm
@maxdancona,
It is you who is the first in this discussion to mention Catholicism here in this thread.

I have condemned all churches equally for their wolves in sheep's clothing approach to LGBT love.

Now you know why I have not singled out any particular "church" for something they all share guilt in...

Now you cannot accuse me of bias towards any particular religion when my intent has been to paint as wide a brush as possible incriminating all religions in their complicit bigotry towards LGBT individuals...

Yes, singling out one religions such as "Anti-Catholicism is passé." is simply another form of bigotry when all religions share a part in the blame.

It is not just Catholics who hide bigoted pedophiles behind the cloth, the Taliban pedophiles did it in Allah's name sighting the Quran as their holy guide and so have the Jews used religious texts to justify sexual bigotry and conceal pious hypocrisy and corruption...

This deviant religious charade is older than prostitution.

FBM

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:13 pm
My exit point from belief was the Episcopal Church (Catholic Lite). Here's their take on the issue: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/page/lgbt-church

Quote:
LGBT in the Church

In 1976, the General Convention of the Episcopal Church declared that “homosexual persons are children of God who have a full and equal claim with all other persons upon the love, acceptance, and pastoral concern and care of the Church" (1976-A069 (link is external)). Since then, faithful Episcopalians have been working toward a greater understanding and radical inclusion of all of God’s children.

Along the way, The Episcopal Church has garnered a lot of attention, but with the help of organizations such as Integrity USA, the church has continued its work toward full inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Episcopalians. In 2003, the first openly gay bishop was consecrated; in 2009, General Convention resolved that God’s call is open to all; and in 2012, a provisional rite of blessing for same-gender relationships was authorized, and discrimination against transgender persons in the ordination process was officially prohibited.

To our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender brothers and sisters: “The Episcopal Church welcomes you!”

And it seems that the Unitarians have been cool with it for a long time: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_uua.htm

Quote:
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) is a liberal religious organization, serving the "UU" congregations in North America. Its churches and fellowships total approximately 250,000 members. The UUA was formed in 1961-MAY-11 from the merger of the Unitarian and Universalist Churches. They have long been active promoters of equal rights for all, having been very prominent in the fight against segregation, for access to abortion, and for equal rights for women. They continue this tradition by advocating equal rights for gays and lesbians, including the right to marry.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:16 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Surely gays are better off being married in loving monogamous relationships than preyed upon by the church with their fear mongering pedophile clergy.

The church seeks to disorient gays so they can victimize them in their own sick and disgusting plots they have been using for years.

This is hate speech against whatever you mean by "the church". When you said "pedophile clergy", it sure sounds like a dig at Catholics. When you accuse them of "sick and disgusting plots" it evokes disturbing anti-Catholic propaganda from our not too distant past.

Bigotry is bigotry. It doesn't matter who is being targeted. It is a broad brush that stirs up unwarranted hatred. There are many Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, and Jews who don't deserve these attacks.

Using bigotry to fight bigotry is misguided (as well as ironic). Why do you feel the need to make these attacks? I support LGBT equality without making broad attacks against religions. Can't you?

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 03:15 am
@maxdancona,
When responding to the catholic church one usually refers to them as "pedophile priests" although the abuse reaches most likely to the top of the church hierarchy.

You are grasping at straws... Why don't you pin the bigotry where it belongs, on yourself!

The Protestant Pedophilia/Sex Abuse Pattern
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/09/28/906089/-The-Protestant-Pedophilia-Sex-Abuse-Pattern#

MORE PROTESTANT MINISTERS GUILTY OF PEDOPHILIA THAN CATHOLIC PRIESTS, NEW RESEARCH REVEALS
http://home.comcast.net/~rosses8/pedoph.html

Long list of Jewish Child Molester Rabbis gets no media coverage and Jewish homosexual pedophiles are undisturbed.
http://100777.com/node/463

Imam Confirms Pedophilia Is Ok For Muslims
https://actjonesboroar.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/imam-confirms-pedophilia-is-ok-for-muslims/

When I said pedophile clergy victimizing LGBT people I meant clergy in general, GOT IT?

Yes religious degenerates, hypocrites trying to ruin the lives of vulnerable LGBT people who are outcast by unfit parents. etc... so LGBT individuals become disconnected from society and are easy targets for religious zealot and their "plots to victimize them". If you see an anti-gay minister, priest, rabbi or imam vocalizing against gays you can bet they are a pedophile. No person with a healthy sex life of their own needs to deny others the same.

I know what I said and I know what I meant, don't put words in my mouth unless you want them shoved back in your face.

I might also like to point out that many if not the majority of these pedophilia cases involve young girls...

I might also like to note there are many more catholic pedophile priests who were and still are shielded by the church, their confessional and secrecy.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 03:37 am
@TheCobbler,
I would like to also ask, why would any "rational thinking" person donate money to organization(s) that are notorious for abuse of this kind?

If you truly love Jesus, Allah, some Jewish messiah or a pagan deity, keep your bloody damned money and donate it directly to some homeless person who can use it to escape abuse of this order of magnitude...

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 07:28 am
@TheCobbler,
One of the most hateful slurs against homosexuals is the claim that they are pedophiles. Ask a homophobic bigot about this, and they will come up with a list of links to stories that they claim support their bigotry just like you did.

If you are supporting LGBT rights (and have any knowledge of LGBT history) then you would do well to stay away from using this particular slur against anybody.

What is wrong with tolerance? The Catholic Pope is calling for it, many other religions Christian and not are calling for it. Why can't you?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 10:16 am
@TheCobbler,
The Catholic Church is actually quite gay-friendly, as compared to some other churches.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 10:29 am
@Olivier5,
There are some famous murderously homophobic atheists as well.

Do you know what Stalin did to homosexuals?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 10:43 am
@maxdancona,
I was kinda joking, about the church being 'gay-friendly'... :-) They have more than their fair share of gay people in their ranks, that's for sure, and historically much same-sex hanky-panky has happened in the Vatican. But of course the dogma remains anti-gay I suppose. I think Francis said they were people just like anybody else lately, so there might be some evolution there...

What did Stalin to homosexuals?
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 08:52 pm
@Olivier5,
The largest orgies ever recorded in history occurred at the Vatican yet the Vatican thinks they have the moral authority to tell two "adult" consenting homosexuals that they cannot enter into a monogamous marriage relationship.

The Bible is notorious for making wrongs appear right and "human rights" appear wrong...
coldjoint

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 09:13 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
The largest orgies ever recorded in history occurred at the Vatican

You can go ahead and prove that statement.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:29 am
Alabama federal judge: Let gay couples marry
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/judge-orders-alabama-probate-judge-grant-same-sex-couples-marriage-licenses
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:38 am
@coldjoint,
Banquet of Chestnuts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banquet_of_Chestnuts

The Latin diary by Protonotary Apostolic and Master of Ceremonies Johann Burchard disputed 200 years later by "eye witnesses". (cynical)

And how many other "festivals" (orgies) went/go unrecorded?

There you go, an orgy fit for a pope...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 08:29 am
A Houston high school student says he was pressured out of his high school because he's gay.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153140847699015
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 09:23 am
@TheCobbler,
Yeah, that beats Las Vegas any day. The Borgias knew how to throw parties for sure.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:55 am
@Olivier5,
Was it the chestnuts that convinced you or the orgy in such a tiny space (The Vatican) (cynical)

Out-done by the ancient Romans again, and Caligula/Tiberius/Nero?

Since when is Las Vegas, "history"?

Las Vegas hookers cost too much (I am told) to employ them in such great numbers these days. (unless it is a republican convention)