Gentlemen, Next Time You See A Woman Staring at Your Hand

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2002 05:12 am
Health - Reuters

Index Finger Length Can Predict Penis Size: Study
Fri Oct 18, 5:42 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - On the heels of a previous report that debunked the notion that a man's shoe size could be used to estimate the length of his penis, a new study now claims that those with inquiring minds need merely take a gander at a man's forefinger.

According to Greek scientists, the length of a man's index finger can accurately predict the length of his penis. The findings are published in the September issue of the journal Urology.

Dr. Evangelos Spyropoulos and colleagues from the Naval and Veterans Hospital of Athens, Greece say they conducted their investigation to gather more information on the relationship between body measurements and male genitalia size. They argue that such information--as well as a clearer definition of "normal penile size"--will help doctors counsel and treat the many men who are concerned about perceived inadequacies relating to their genitals.

The "lack of standardized metric data and the absence of widely acceptable criteria on the proper size of the external genitalia poses major difficulties in the counseling and/or treatment of young adult men with worries of sexual inadequacy," the authors write.

In their study, Spyropoulos and colleagues measured penile length and testicular volume in 52 healthy young males between the ages of 19 and 38 and compared them with other body measurements including height, weight, body mass index, index finger length and waist/hip ratio.

In lieu of measuring a man's erect penis, the team measured the flaccid, gently stretched penis, which they note is statistically correlated to erect penis length.

"Age and (body measurements) were not associated with the size of the genitalia, excluding the index finger length, which correlated significantly with the dimensions of the flaccid, maximally stretched, penis," the report indicates.

"We realize that the study population was relatively inadequate and suggest that a greater scale study with a significantly larger number of subjects is needed to confirm the observations, particularly the demonstrated trend of penile length with index finger length," Spyropoulos and colleagues conclude.

SOURCE: Urology 2002;60:485-491.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 13,398 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Abbr

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2002 11:38 am
I think I will

start buying bigger gloves.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2002 09:09 pm
"Age and (body

measurements) were not associated with the size of the genitalia, excluding the index finger length, which correlated

significantly with the dimensions of the flaccid, maximally stretched, penis,"

What did they use for a control

group?

Okay, and can I just say this.....
Why would you be so incredibly interested in a flaccid, stretched penis

and its correlation to some body size?
I mean...when its just hanging around, its just hanging around
I think there

could be another <ahem> way in which to measure the unit and correlate it to something more like the elbow to the

wrist...or something

Still...I suppose it give merit to what they say about big hands

Im stickin with not the

norm though, just to make sure all the boys feel good about themselves..what about the poor guy whos lost a

finger?

its so sad
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2002 09:12 pm
I've heard of feet

and even the nose being pointed at for this measurement.

I can see it now. Soon spam will start being sent that

says:

"Do you want an enormous hand? With our all natural pills you can have a hand that is the envy of the locker

room without the use of weights, stretching and..."
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2002 04:27 pm
I find this fascinating.....I feel the need to conduct my own

study.....
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 09:01 am
Rae- Ihave an awful fear that, once you had achieved the gently stretched bit, your subjects might be having trouble with the flaccid component!

It never ceases to amaze me just what some people are prepared to study!

And you guys will just have to stop pointing at stuff.....
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 07:58 pm
Precisely, Deb. I was on the verge of pointing that out when you nixed the idea.
At any rate, I think this study is a load of codswhallop, a reprehensile phallusy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 09:53 pm
Actually, it's inversely proportional to the size of the font
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 10:19 pm
You know - I would not have the faintest idea what constituted bigness, mediumness and smallness in the male index finger.... hence really - even if I was shallow enough to CARE about the size of the Mr Happies of the world (exudes saintly glow) - I would be hard put to know how to decipher the code.....

It is, therefore, in practice, to me, as Deb says - a "reprehensile phallusy" - although I admit I am more than a little struck by his use of prehensile and phallus in the same sentence.

Ought we to be searching for DOUBLE-JOINTED as well as large index fingers?

Thud!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:09 pm
I thought it was all relative to the size of their feet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2002 07:29 am
feet/hands
What if a guy wears size 14 1/2 shoes and has the hands of a skinny midget?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2002 07:45 am
edgarblythe- Well, sometimes when recessive genes come into play................
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2002 08:56 am
Or excessive ... .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 09:58 pm
I find it 'handy' that the index finger is right there next to the ring finger.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 03:14 am
I am living proof to debunk this theory. I have very small fingers.... :wink:
0 Replies

Datamill

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 04:02 am
Has there been a study done on what men should look at to determine breast size?

Hmmm...Maybe an earlobe?
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 05:24 am
ha ha - you gotta hand it to Gautam!

Earlobes?! (Clutching earlobes)

Hey! Theys can tell breast size just by looking at us!
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 06:12 am
And look at you we do.
A toast to the ladies!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 06:57 am
Send that gennelman back to the shabeen, he's plainly potted . . .
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 07:01 am
I´ll drink where I please Mr.Bartender.But it IS cosier in the shabeen at this hour especially with all the John Coltrane I´m spinning.
0 Replies