edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 06:51 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I don't care. She was an exceptional woman. They probably saved her life by taking her in at what, 7? - A kid so young, alone among monsters, gets treated nicely and responds accordingly. She didn't grow up the same way as the average slave likely did. There has to be allowance for diversity in every group of humans.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 06:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yep that would be her. Morgan called me from California and I never heard him drop the F bomb that many times in one phone call F her F that site :Lol
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:00 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't get a couple of people on this place and the exceptional joy they get stirring things up with some of the most vile and most easily refuted gobs of nastiness to be imagined. I don't get Pamela Rosa in particular. I am glad someone has done something at least some of her racist hate propaganda.

She really needs a banning.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:32 pm
Meanwhile, I have been reading a lot lately about Liberia and Eritrea, which I am connected to by family or friends.

Just today, in the Guardian, a piece about Eritrea..
http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/feb/04/eritrea-migration-chance-reunion-calais-human-rights
A work friend's younger siblings were all caught up in that long war, no school.

We knew each other at work and socially as us lab people got along, and through him, his friends, at the UCLA international student place.
I remember meeting his friends from Ethiopia, the conversations, if not the details. He was part of us, a motley group at the start of what became later a major lab. I was asked to be manager, but declined, re the temperament of the owner, who was, even I admit, brilliant, but I'd had enough of that.

One of the first people I'll look up if I ever do face book, is him.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:58 pm
@ossobuco,
I should have elaborated - at that lab, my last, some of us were pals, the dishwashers bright and the checkers of specimens way in the IQ ozone. People were from all over the world, and the talk was open. We all left, but it was a special time.
Below viewing threshold (view)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 09:34 pm
@ossobuco,
This thread has traveled, re black history.
Could we get back to it, and forward after?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 08:18 am
Racist pile of ****.
firefly

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:49 pm
Scott Joplin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Joplin

https://bobbeck1600.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/joplin.jpg

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 07:33 am
@firefly,
Scott Joplin is such a singular musician and artist. There is almost no way to arrange him out of his music. When you hear his music you hear him first and then you hear the performer. Truly a good choice!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 09:25 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Art Blakey is pretty brilliant too.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 03:05 pm
@izzythepush,
I teach painting, batik at a local art school. On days I teach autistic and Downs and developmentally challenged children and adults I've been playing Miles Davis because it actually seems to calm them down. One of my autistic adults recognized the genre - jazz, and the performer - Miles Davis and when I talked with him about who was playing on the "Bitches Brew" album, he knew who Herbie Hancock, John McGlothlin, Wayne Shorter were. Pretty amazing for a 30 year old roper from Texas, autism or not.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 03:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It is.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 06:20 pm
@giujohn,
But gooooooeyjohn, I think you're being modest, you're a racist pile of **** if you support Pamela Rosa.

Why are you wasting your time on this thread? I'd ask you about having any shame, but ........................
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 06:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Why are you wasting your time addressing a pile of ****? I've got it on 'ignore' and have no idea what it posts. Takes away the temptation to yell and scream and throw things.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 06:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I have exactly three people on ignore. Two on near total ignore and one on a sort of monitored ignore.

Total ignore only works if everybody puts someone on ignore. Which in a case or two I could get behind, or it requires voting people off the island something I don't want and we will never get to do. I wouldn't mind some sort of jury system to at least remove vile posts or lock threads.