Wait! What about Einstein?

giujohn

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 06:35 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Thanks for the quotes

Your welcome. What people have to understand is that most times he couldnt come out publically and say what was really on his mind because people would look unfavorably on for insatnce Princeton when he was there and could taint his message on things scientific. However you can really see what he thought in in private letters that recently came to light.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 06:46 pm
@InkRune,
Quote:
But he was religious! And, according to most posts here, religous people are narrow-minded lunatics who deny science...

Point is, less of the ad hominem. Lets just have intelligent debate, ok?

This is the meat of this silly, silly thread. It is a straw man fallacy which ignores the subtleties and qualifications of people's objections to religious fanatics.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:28 pm
Quote:
“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can change this for me.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1538169/was-albert-einstein-an-atheist-or-not-read-his-final-words-on-god/#U7I1QmeFJ7i7g3ia.99
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:28 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
What people have to understand is that most times he couldnt come out publically and say what was really on his mind because people would look unfavorably on for insatnce Princeton when he was there

He was open enough during that period that the religious right was demanding he leave the country over the issue and he was constantly giving hate mail at Princeton.
giujohn

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:38 pm
@BillRM,
I was unaware of that.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 11:51 pm
In 1911, Albert Einstein Tells Marie Curie to Ignore the Trolls and Haters

Seems legit, but Snopes may tear it up someday. - See more at: http://disinfo.com/2014/12/1911-albert-einstein-tells-marie-curie-ignore-trolls-haters/#sthash.KYZlSFTd.dpuf
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 12:43 am
@fresco,
Is that all you can do??

Bit strange eh?
0 Replies

InkRune

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:01 am
:3 I rest my case
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:56 am
@FBM,
Quote:
In 1911, Albert Einstein Tells Marie Curie to Ignore the Trolls and Haters

Of course! They knew they were coming, People know that that is going to happen if they are making hoaxes. If it was TRUTH they would have never siad that!

0 Replies