Im looking for a cell phone. I need help!

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 03:55 pm
My birthday is coming up and I'll be 14. My parents are getting me a cell phone. They told me I could pick any cell phone I like. I've been looking, but I've seen so many I like it's hard to choose. What kind of features should I look for in a phone? Remember, I'm 14 so keep that in mind when answering back. Thanx!

P.S. Do you think that a 14 year old can be responsible with a cell phone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,027 • Replies: 2
No top replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 04:33 pm
Hi,
To answer your PS first, I think a 14-year-old can do anything he or she puts his/her mind to. It's all attitude and fortitude. Any 14 year old can be responsible with a cell phone (or any task) if they discipline themselves and are respectful to their superiors (e.g. parents).

Keep this in mind when you select your cell phone--a phone is a great communication tool. Try to use it for communication only when you have to, such as in emergencies or keeping your parents from worrying.

If you are able to see someone in person, that is much better.

Don't bother with the video games--at 14, you don't need to be playing games on your phone--you need to be hanging or working with your friends and family.

The fancy face plates, LED lights, and downloadable ringtones are really cool, but don't go overboard. Watch your money, and don't buy every fancy thing that strikes your fancy.

Finally, and being a person wise enough to ask this question in the first place, I'm sure you've already thought of this, read the telephone contract before signing it. Cell phone companies are unforgiving when it comes to overdue or unpaid bills, and will quickly put a bad mark on your credit file (a clean credit record will be of great benefit to you in just a few years). And, once you sign the contract, you cannot back out.

Cell companies are also very expensive if you go over your allotted minutes, so be careful.

Best wishes,

General Tsao
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 10:45 am
Looks like General covered all I was going to say, so good luck.

A big welcome to A2K to both you and GeneralTsao :-D
0 Replies