eork

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 11:40 am
I have dark brown hair naturally, and over the years, I used to go to a hair stylist and get unnatural colored highlights. They would only really last a week. Now I try to do it at home. I have bleached my bangs for over a year now, and no matter what dye I use, how much, how often I bleach or how much, none of the colors stay!

Brands I have used:
Raw
Manic Panic
Splat
Ion

Should I give up on this? Or is their something I can do? Any help would be wonderful!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 403 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 12:46 pm
@eork,
It might sound a little nuts, but maybe talk to your doctor.

I ain't kiddin'.

I am assuming you are young and your hair is otherwise undamaged. Why am I suggesting this? Because some glandular issues (including thyroid issues) can sometimes manifest themselves in damaged hair.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/hair-problems

Plus it couldn't hurt.

If it turns out you're medically hunky dory (and I hope you are), then maybe go back to your hairdresser. Explain that your hair doesn't seem to allow for coloring and see what s/he says. The products you've been using might not be the best for that.

I would also note that if you are going gray, gray hairs can sometimes be really, really color resistant (a massive pain; I know this from personal experience).
0 Replies