Americans are SOOO ******* Lazy!

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 04:43 pm
So I go to Winnco, a nice low cost regional grocer who is going head to head to Walmart and successfully beating the **** out of them. Very considerately they set up the parking lot so no person ever needs to walk more than 5 car spaces (the short way, in the back!) to put a cart away....AND WE CANT DO IT!. there are tons of lazy motherfuckers who push the cart into an empty space or in front of the car.

Two things:
1)I will never again doubt what a successful businessman told me: when thinking about your business always assume that people are lazy, and then figure out how to make money on this.

2) We REALLY need to go to the European method, where you dont get a cart unless you put a dollar coin in it, and you dont get it back unless you put the cart into a corral

Alqaholic

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 04:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
I know Aldi does that. The coin in the cart thing. Then again, Aldi was founded in Germany.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 04:55 pm
@Alqaholic,
Alqaholic wrote:

I know Aldi does that. The coin in the cart thing. Then again, Aldi was founded in Germany.

I lived in Germany six+ years, and I bet I did not see a cart in a parking lot more than a handful of times. It seems that Germans can always be counted on to divert themselves for a couple of minutes to get a 1DM coin (1 Euro now I assume). With all the homeless who will pick up tin cans and bottles on the roadside for almost no payback I think we would have a new way to put the homeless to use, make them do something to earn their keep! It has got to be more rewarding then standing on the side of the road with a beggars sign, and if it is not then **** them, they should not being getting any change anyway, it encourages bad behavior.
fresco

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 01:14 am
@hawkeye10,
Smile
My local Aldi in the UK unfortunately has a lazy staff problem.
Carts are picked up by shoppers at the front door and returned to a station located mid car park. However, failure by staff to monitor this results in returned carts accumulating in a ridiculously long line stretching out of the return station across the car park access.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 01:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Y do u have to use language like that????????

The stores that I 've known just send out boys
to gather the carts n bring them back
from the parking lot with no drama! Geeez!

Its just part of the business, like sweeping the floor.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:30 am
@hawkeye10,
Every hyper/supermarket here has a coin (1 pound) collect & return (trolley) policy.
Saves on trolley-porters, wind-driven vehicle damage and dickheads who believe they can wheel their goods, X miles, straight to their homes. Is decades-old.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:43 am
@mark noble,
Carts tend to accumulate at the bus stops too. Collecting them would be another good good job for the allegedly homeless panhandlers.
mark noble

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 11:52 am
@hawkeye10,
Isn't 'Not having to' collect them - As good as it gets?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 12:33 pm
@mark noble,
The thing I have noticed about the homeless is that a lot of them are homeless by choice, they dont want to work and they dont want to follow rules. There is a big push on here to open a "low barrier" shelter, which means no rules. They can come and go when they want, be drunk or stoned, drink and do drugs, and so on. Because the professional homeless say that they will not use a shelter if there are rules. **** them.

I am zen, we believe in "no work, no eat". You will never catch me handing them anything.
contrex

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 02:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The thing I have noticed about the homeless is that a lot of them are homeless by choice

Some people have mental health problems where they cannot bear to be inside a building.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:14 am
@hawkeye10,
Sorry hawk, thought this was about supermarket-trolleys, not an attack on lesser-means-folk. I'll bow out now.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:19 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Sorry hawk, thought this was about supermarket-trolleys, not an attack on lesser-contributing -folk. I'll bow out now.

Fixed.
knaivete

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:26 am
@hawkeye10,
Whenever I'm asked if I'd like a fake coin for the shopping trolley I always say yes please so I can use them in vending machines for drugs.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:55 am
@hawkeye10,
OK.
Who, or what is to blame for itinerancy? (That a word?)
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:19 am
@mark noble,
Victim culture.

" Poor things, we have to help them!"

No, no we dont. We can choose to do so, but I advise against it untill and unless they indicate that they are ready to help themselves. Taking their meds, trying to stay not stoned, and trying to learn a useful skill are all helpful.

Do you know how often I see a " will work for food" sign? Almost never. That I would consider.

mark noble

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:33 am
@hawkeye10,
What would resolve this issue for you?
Extermination of the bone-idle? (Not exclusive to 'bone-idle' homeless folk (Non bone-idle homeless folk excluded)).

Maybe 'eradication' is a better term?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:43 am
@mark noble,
What do their bones have to do with it ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:45 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
OK.
Who, or what is to blame for itinerancy? (That a word?)
Yes. It means moving around.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Americans are SOOO FUCKING Lazy!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 11:12:05