More reasons to like Tony Bennett

Germlat

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 09:30 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Fans of Tony and Lady Gaga might want to catch this program which will be on pbs next Friday night.

GREAT PERFORMANCES “Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek LIVE!”
Friday, October 24, 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga team up for a very special concert from the stage of Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Rose Theater in New York City performing selections from their collaborative classic jazz recording, CHEEK TO CHEEK.

http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archive/2014/arts-fall-festival/

I think they make a great duet...surprisingly so!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 09:47 am
@Germlat,
It was my feeble attempt at humor. Frankly, your English is just fine.
Germlat

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:11 am
@Ragman,
No problem. I do the same thing. I'm not offended.
Ragman

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:14 am
@Germlat,
I do mean sincerely your English is good. If it weren't for the various clues that I get from the threads in which you participate, I'd never know that it isn't your first language.
Germlat

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:16 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I do mean sincerely your English is good. If it weren't for the various clues that I get from the threads in which you participate, I'd never know that it isn't your first language.

Thanks!!! That made my day.
Ragman

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:18 am
@Germlat,
Furthermore, your comments are notable enough that I tend to look for them in a thread to see where you weigh in. In general, I tend to agree or sympathize with your point-of-view.

Now you should be concerned. Twisted Evil
Germlat

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:20 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Furthermore, your comments are notable enough that I tend to look for them in a thread to see where you weigh in.
Now you should be concerned. Twisted Evil

Seriously?! Thanks Embarrassed
Ragman

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:34 am
@Germlat,
Just being light-hearted. Carry on (not carrion).
Germlat

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:43 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Just being light-hearted. Carry on (not carrion).

I'm good to go. What 'd do you think of Lady Gaga and Bennet as a duo? I think at this moment in time, the world is confounded . This was a feat, formerly only attempted by Buble, Harry Connick Jr...new territory for a female....I think.
Ragman

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:54 am
@Germlat,
I frankly don't care for Lady Gaga. Perhaps, it's because I don't like her particular style, as opposed to her voice (which IMHO is OK). She employs too much vibrato. Her voice hasn't much assertion...a bit thin. For example, back in time, Eartha Kitt used to use tons of vibrato in her singing, but had an amazing delivery and was the most appealing lady.

What I applaud is Tony's embracing of the current generation of singers. He is brilliant and should forever be in the pantheon of the best singers in the last 60 years, regardless of genre or style or style changes.
Germlat

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 02:09 pm
@Ragman,
So...few artists attempt to bridge or even acknowledge another generation's contribution ( particularly when so far removed)...That's why I like her. "Lady is a Tramp" was my favorite. Of course she's no Etta or Ella then, there were of their own time. I do like Michael Buble ( don't compare to Sinatra...Bitte!). I think I love the idea of keeping great sounds alive, and paying homage to others.
Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:19 am
@Germlat,
Totally agree with you there!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:18:56