A2K Abbreviations - Help!

drom et reve

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:13 pm
Fishin', I cheated and used students in the library (who, with my being faculty, were more than willing to help) and a source called the Urban Dictionary, to check that they weren't fooling me. And they weren't.

As for my associates.. they're wide and varied; but, if you've seen my comments on the sex thread, you'll see that none of them are the types who use those sorts of abbreviations. Apart from M. Amis, who wants to kill me. He'd use them, all right.

And you're absolutely right, Cav... we have the next Tory party packaged in one person!

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:37 pm
If I knew what they meant, would I have asked?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:45 pm
I wasn't saying that you knew what they meant; I fail to remember any single time that I said such a thing... I said that it's quite amazing-- and amusing-- that someone with such good family values should come into contact with such... non-mainstream... expressions so often that you remembered them! Laughing

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:11 pm
and who is saying these things to McG? Shocked
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:42 pm
cavfancier wrote:
'cavfancier' has a double meaning. I am a chef, and love caviar (Osetra please, no overpriced Beluga), and I also own a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who is very loved in our house. I can't imagine having any other breed of dog.

Have you ever had a poodle? I've had several and I for one love them and would never have a dog, that wasn't a little poodle. I'm getting a poodle puppy next week. He'll be 8 weeks old! Razz
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:46 pm
Miller, I've never had a poodle, but I hear they are nice dogs. We have a very nasty toy poodle in our building, but that may be the exception to the rule. It is a red poodle, and you know what they say about redheads and tempers.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:57 pm
TINSTAAFL (got this from sealpoet - took me awhile to figure it out)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:59 pm
WITFITS is appropriate here as well. Wink
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 03:45 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Miller, I've never had a poodle, but I hear they are nice dogs. We have a very nasty toy poodle in our building, but that may be the exception to the rule. It is a red poodle, and you know what they say about redheads and tempers.

My mini-poodle, the baby, is a black poodle. Seems to be a bit aggressive, but that suits me fine!
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:15 pm
~ Many thanks to all the A2K members who made the internet acronyms a fun learning experience!
~ ehBeth ~ Great Site. I hope it will come in handy for those of us who need a little assistance to decipher those long list of acronyms.
~ One of the many things I enjoy about A2K's members, they're always "exposing" me to new information. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 02:05 am
Ah, I know WITFITS, Cjsha, and for some weird reason, it often makes me laugh.

ehBeth wrote:
and who is saying these things to McG? Shocked

That was exactly what I was thinking; I was just concerned for McGentrix..

And S&A; 'exposing' is a choice word on this occasion Laughing!

0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 02:31 am
ROFLMAO right now this is hilarious.

The first time I saw that on line was a post of quinn1 after I saw her post it a couple of times I did believe she made it up and that it was her very own acronym. Kindly quinn1 clued me in re this on line jingo.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:22 am
I heard about some random person to-day, who-- before 'falling in love--' asks for an e-mail and, if they have any emoticons or if they overuse abbreviations, they don't go any further due to their 'should being able to express themselves in their own words!'

I don't know how to react to love over due to emoticons.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:26 am
This gives me an idea for a game. What does this mean:

Crying or Very sad :wink: Razz Mad
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:27 am
It means 'sado-masochism,' I think...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:30 am
Hmm, I read it as: Sorry, all okay? You're fun...screw you asswipe! Mind you, you were pretty close there drom.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:48 am
I never saw that; but you have much more experience in this game, so I believe you.

What about:

Twisted Evil Razz Drunk Shocked 2 Cents?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:53 am
"Hey babe..."

"Yeah, I can match you."

"Let's have a few drinks."

"Cool. Hey buddy, are you telling me you have no money?"
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:59 am
Brilliant! I thought that it had something to do with a prostitute, three Tequila bottles and the company expenses account Laughing!

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:11 am
I may need to start a new thread....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 11:36:50